|Products||Industry specifications and associated materials which facilitate the secure and interoperable deployment and management of multiple embedded applications on secure chip technology.|
GlobalPlatform is a non-profit association creates and publishes specifications for secure chip technology.
GlobalPlatform members drive the organization through a Board of Directors, an Advisory Council, three technical committees five strategic task forces; ID, internet-of-things, mobile, premium content, security and also two regional task forces : China and Japan. Day-to-day activity is managed by an executive team comprising an executive director, technical director, operations secretariat and compliance secretariat.
The membership collectively creates organizational strategy and defines technical work priorities for the committees and market task forces.
The GlobalPlatform membership combines active representation from diverse sectors closely associated with secure chip technology deployment, including payment, mobile NFC, government/ID, transit, healthcare and retail. Sector specific members include payment associations, mobile network operators, public sector organizations and government agencies.
Card Specifications Versions
|Name and Version||Publishing Date||Notes|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.3||October 2015||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.2.1||January 2011||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.2||March 2006||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1.1||March 25, 2003||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1||June 4, 2001||-|
|Open Platform Card Specification v2.0.1||April 7, 2000||-|
|Open Platform Card Specification v2.0||April 19, 1999||-|
|Earlier versions of the card specification (if any) have so far not been included in the table|
- http://www.securitydocumentworld.com/public/news.cfm?m1=c_11&m2=e_0&m3=e_0&m4=e_0&subItemID=2114, Security Document World, 3 June 2012
- http://www.mobilepaymentsworld.com/globalplatform-launches-mobile-task-force/, Mobile Payments World
- http://www.telecompaper.com/news/globalplatform-launches-premium-content-task-force--964685 TelecomPaper, 3 September
- http://www.paybefore.com/aboutus/default.aspx?id=30830, PayBefore, June 2013
- http://www.thepaypers.com/mobile-payments/globalplatform-reaches-100-member-milestone/749098-16, The Paypers, 2 November 2012
- GlobalPlatform page
- video channel
- GSMA, "NFC Mobile Network Operator – Service Provider Interface: Business Process Implementation Guidelines using GlobalPlatform Protocols"
- Trusted Computer Group, "TPM MOBILE with GlobalPlatform defined Trusted Execution Environment for Comprehensive Mobile Device Security"
- Uwe Hansmann, Martin S. Nicklous, Thomas Schack, Achim Schneider, Frank Seliger (2002), "6.4 Global Platform", Smart card application development using Java (2nd ed.), Springer, ISBN 978-3-540-43202-9.