Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
|Focus||Vaccines against: human diseases|
|Seth Berkley, Dagfinn Høybråten|
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (Gavi for short; previously the GAVI Alliance, and before that the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization) is a public–private global health partnership committed to increasing access to immunisation in poor countries.
Gavi brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry in both industrialised and developing countries, research and technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private philanthropists.
Seth Berkley has been the CEO of GAVI since 2011.
In August 2014, Gavi changed its name from "GAVI Alliance" and introduced a new logo. Both changes were revealed in August; it had by then acquired the gavi.org domain name and changed its primary domain from gavialliance.org to gavi.org.
- Ravelo, Jenny Lei (November 10, 2014). "The evolution of global health's 'best-kept secret'". Devex. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "Brazil announces support for global immunisation and IFFIm". Gavi. March 9, 2006. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
The new funds will support the work of the GAVI Alliance (formerly the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization)
- Lesaar, Rick (November 3, 2014). "Gavi: A New Brand". Health and Communications. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
With a lead capital G and lower case avi, the Alliance's name is no longer an acronym. Originally it was the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisations, then most recently the GAVI Alliance, and now Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- Boseley, Sarah (2011-11-17). "Green light from Gavi for cervical cancer vaccine". Guardian. Retrieved 2014-04-29.
- "Supplies and Logistics - GAVI". UNICEF. 2007-04-09. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- "Gavi - About". gavi.org. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- "Dr Seth Berkley appointed as GAVI Alliance Chief Executive Officer". www.gavi.org. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Foundation Fact Sheet – Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation". Gatesfoundation.org. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Internet Archive. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "Press releases, 2014". Gavi. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GAVI Alliance.|