Global Alliance of Leading-Edge Schools
The Global Alliance of Leading-Edge Schools (Abbreviation: GALES) is an informal organization of leading preparatory and secondary schools from around the world. It was initiated in the year 2010. All the schools have a commitment to excellence, leadership development and the global good, and are among the top institutions in their respective countries. The Global Alliance of Leading-Edge Schools have discussions which aim to bring together a group of students who want to look beyond the parochial concerns of their own schools and national associations, and to talk through some key issues facing education, the world, and themselves as educational leaders.
- African Leadership Academy (South Africa)
- Beijing No.4 High School (Beijing)
- Dalton School (New York)
- Gymnázium Jana Keplera (Prague)
- Jianguo High School (Taiwan)
- Karachi Grammar School (Pakistan)
- Langkaer Gymnasium (Denmark)
- Lycee Louis le Grand (France)
- Marlborough College (United Kingdom)
- Minjok Leadership Academy (Korea)
- Montgomery Bell Academy (Tennessee)
- Punahou School (Hawaii)
- Raffles Institution (Singapore)
- Scotch College, Melbourne (Australia)
- Sir-Karl-Popper-School (Austria)
- Suankularb Wittayalai School (Bangkok)
- The Malay College Kuala Kangsar (Malaysia)
- Winchester College (England)
- Xavier School, Metro Manila (Philippines)
GALES' first summit, titled TiltShift, was held at Singapore's Raffles Institution (RI), from June 12, 2011 to June 18, 2011, where members of the organization discussed on aspects pertaining to the popular topic of global warming.
On June 14, 2011, a conference, in collaboration with OnePeople.sg, on the aspects of racial harmony, was organized by GALES and held in Singapore.
- "Dalton School's Report on Tiltshift 2011".
- Catriona Grew (July 4, 2011). "TiltShift Conference 2011". http://www.marlboroughcollege.org. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- "Montgomery Bell Academy's Report on Tiltshift 2011".
- Raffles Institution's Global Initiatives - GALES
- "NURTURING THINKERS, LEADERS AND PIONEERS". Spring.gov.sg. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Nurturing our most precious gift
- Global Alliance Singapore Notice
- Daly College Service Project
- Eagle Eye Issue 5