|Cable TV operator|
Global Destiny Cable TV, 2003
|Headquarters||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Owner||First Global Conglomerates|
Global Cable is a cable company in the Philippines.
On February 3, 1993, Global Cable Inc. was given a provisional authority to provide cable television services. The National Telecommunications Commission granted Global Cable Inc a certificate authority to construct, install, maintain and operate a Cable Antenna Television (CATV) System in San Pedro, Laguna on May 1993. Consequently, Global Cable Inc. was also allowed operate and maintain a CATV system in the municipality of San Juan and in the cities of Mandaluyong, Makati, Pasay, Manila, Marikina, Parañaque Pasig and Muntinlupa.
Merger with Global Cable
On November 17, 2000, however, Global Cable, Inc. (GCI) and Destiny Cable, Inc. (DCI) announced that both companies had entered an agreement on merging the television operations of the two companies, of which operates the cable providers; Global Cable and Destiny Cable.
In November 2000 Destiny Cable formed a partnership with Global Cable to further strengthen and systematize its cable television ventures. However, it was only on February 1, 2001 that the corporate name was changed to Global Destiny Cable.
Global Destiny Cable is perceived to be the closest competitor of SkyCable the Philippines' largest cable TV company in Metro Manila. Both have their own associates all over the country and both offer high-speed cable Internet service to its respective subscribers.
Sale to SkyCable
On May 2, 2012, Sky Cable Corporation eventually acquired the assets of Global Destiny Cable through its parent, Destiny Cable, Inc. at the cost of P3.5 billion in order to improve services to customers of Destiny Cable, UniCable and MyDestiny broadband Internet.
- Mandaluyong City Infrastructure, Mandaluyong City MIS
- PIO, Marikina (February 1, 2005). "Global Destiny Basketball League in Marikina". MarikinaNews. Archived from the original on January 3, 2009. Retrieved February 2. Check date values in:
- Lectura, Lenie (December 25, 2007). "Global Destiny lacks proof it has money". BusinessMirror. Archived from the original on December 30, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-25.
- The Philippine Broadcast Equipment Market, March 2006[permanent dead link], CommerceCan
- BusinessWorld, Online (June 16, 2008). "Lopez buys out Sun Cable, prepares for SkyCable share sale". BusinessWorld: I.T. Matters. Retrieved June 16. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help)[permanent dead link]
- Timeline of Significant Events in Philippine Cyberage Archived April 13, 2016, at the Wayback Machine., Philippine Communication Centrum Foundation
- Sky Cable acquires Destiny Cable, Solid Broadband Archived 2012-06-17 at the Wayback Machine.