Sing Tao News Corporation
|Traded as||SEHK: 1105|
|Sing Tao News Corporation|
|Global China Group Holdings Limited|
The Group is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The group was formerly known as Global China Group Holdings Limited until 22 February 2005, as Global China Technology Group Limited until 4 October 2002, and as Perfect Treasure Holdings Limited until 8 August 2000.
Perfect Treasure Holdings
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
Sing Tao News Corporation
Charles Ho acquired Perfect Treasure Holdings in 2000, renaming the company to Global China Technology Group.
Soon after Lazard Asia sold Sing Tao Holdings to Global China Technology Group in January 2001, in mid-2002 the subsidiary excluding Sing Tao Media Holdings and Colony Hotel was sold to Ming Yuan Investment Group, a private company owned by Yao Yuan. Sing Tao Holdings was then known as Shanghai Mingyuan Holdings since October 2002.
The predecessors of Sing Tao Holdings as a parent company was Sing Tao Limited (aka: Sing Tao Newspapers Limited and Sin Poh Amalgamated (H.K.) Limited). Sing Tao Limited was still operates as a company and a subsidiary of Sing Tao News Corporation.
In 2003, Colony Hotel which the company partially owned, was sold to the University of Toronto.
In 2005 Global China Group Holdings was renamed to Sing Tao News Corporation. In the same year Sing Tao sold the headquarters of its newspaper division in Kowloon Bay, Kowloon. The division was later relocated to A Kung Ngam in Hong Kong Island.
- Filings in Hobg Kong Companies Registry
- [dead link]
- "Announcement & Resumption of Trading" (Microsoft Word). Global China Technology Group. 9 January 2001. Retrieved 30 September 2017 – via Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- "Circular (Disclosable Transaction, Disposal of 74.5% Interests in Sing Tao Holdings Limited)" (PDF). Global China Technology Group. 2 August 2002. Retrieved 30 September 2017 – via Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- "Circular (Voluntary Conditional Securities Exchange Offer by Global China Corporate Finance Limited on behalf of Global China Multimedia Limited to acquire all the Issued Shares in Sing Tao Media Holdings Limited)" (PDF). Global China Technology Group. 2 September 2002. Retrieved 30 September 2017 – via Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- "Sing Tao buoyed by $370m sale". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 14 July 2005. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "2016 Annual Report" (PDF). Sing Tao News Corporation. 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sing Tao News Corporation.|