Global Indian International School, Tokyo Campus
|Global Indian International School, Tokyo Campus|
8-3-13 Nishi Kasai, Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan 133 0088
〒133-0088 東京都江戸川区西葛西 8-3-13
Global Indian International School, Tokyo Campus or GIIS Tokyo (グローバル・インディアン・インターナショナル・スクール Gurōbaru Indian Intānashonaru Sukūru) is an Indian international school in Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan. It is a part of the Global Indian International School network and it uses the International Baccalaureate Diploma and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) of India curricula.
In 2008 the school had plans to open a second campus in Yokohama.
As of 2008 it had about 200 students, with 20 being Japanese. As of 2011 it has 250 students, 65% of whom were Indian nationals. Initially, the school had few Japanese students but the number increased as the popularity of international schools among Japanese people increased.
Japanese schools in India:
- "GIIS Campuses Worldwide." Global Indian International School. Retrieved on March 8, 2015. "Minami Shinozaki Machi 3-20-6, Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan 133 0065"
- Saito, Mayumi. "Weekend Beat: Japanese parents praise Tokyo's Indian schools" (). The Asahi Shimbun/International Herald Tribune. September 22, 2007, Tokyo edition. Retrieved on March 10, 2015. See alternate location (Archive).
- Takizawa, Kosuke and Mai Fukuda. "Indian-style education gets an A" (Archive). The Daily Yomiuri. February 12, 2010. Retrieved on March 9, 2015.
- Fackler, Martin. "Losing an Edge, Japanese Envy India’s Schools." The New York Times. January 2, 2008. Retrieved on March 9, 2015. Alternate link (Archive)
- Fujikata, Satoru. "Japanese parents see value of Chinese, Indian schools" (Archive). Asahi Shimbun. August 30, 2011. Retrieved on March 8, 2015.
- Xu Hui (徐 輝). "A comparative study of Chinese and Indian school in Japan : Focus on the "Tokyo chuka school" and "GIIS"" (在日華僑学校と印僑学校に関する比較考察 : 東京中華学校とGIISを中心に; Archive). 大東アジア学論集 (14), 44-63, 2014-03. 大東文化大学大学院アジア地域研究科. See profile and profile #2 at CiNii. see profile at Daito Bunka University Repository (大東文化大学機関リポジトリ). English abstract available.