|Headquarters||Lexington, Massachusetts, United States|
Number of employees
|Over 700 in more than 14 countries|
Global Insight is an economics organization, serving over 3,800 clients in industry, finance and government, with revenues of over $95 million (in 2006) and employing more than 600 staff in 23 offices in 13 countries. It is a division of IHS.
Global Insight was formed in March 2001 from the merger of WEFA (formerly Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates) and DRI (formerly Data Resources Inc), together with Primark Decision Economics (later called Decision Economics, Inc.), Primark Poland (later GlobalInTech, sp. z o.o.) and the French company DAFSA; it estimated 2008 revenues at $120 million. It since acquired several other companies, including PlanEcon, CIEMEX, Reebie Associates, and London-based World Markets Research Centre. On November 2, 2007, Global Insight acquired SupplierBusiness.
Ownership and management
- Global Insight Acquires SupplierBusiness Limited, 7 November 2007
- "Investing/Companies (Company Insight Center beta)—Company Lookup—Private Company Information—Miscellaneous Financial Services: Decision Economics, Inc.". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
Decision Economics, formerly known as Primark Decision Economics (...).
- "History of IHS Global Insight". IHS Global Insight. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
(...) GlobalInTech (formerly Primark Poland) (...)
- "GlobalInTech. Sp. z o.o. Oprogramowanie sieciowe i obsługa baz danych" (in Polish). Polskie Książki Telefoniczne. Retrieved 2008-06-07. The company's website, here as http://www.globalintech.pl, is dead (as of 2008-06-07).
- Denver Business Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2008/09/15/daily39.html
- "Global Insight bought in deal worth $200m". J.Y. Design Blog. 19 September 2008. Archived from the original on 18 October 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Global Insight bought in deal worth $200m: Waltham research firm now under IHS umbrella with Cambridge Energy". Boston Globe. 19 September 2008.