|Punjab Technical University, India|
|Chairman||Dr. Baldev Singh Chandi|
|President||Dr. Akashdeep Singh Chandi|
|Director||Dr. Arvind Bhardwaj|
|Location||Amritsar, Punjab, India
|Campus||22 acres (89,000 m2), Urban|
|Colours||Red and Blue|
|Sports||Track, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Badminton, Tennis|
Global Institutes consist of Global Institute of Management and Emerging Technologies (GIMET) ,Global Institute of Management (GIM) and Global Polytechnic College an engineering, management and Polytechnic college located in Amritsar, Punjab, India, on the Amritsar-Batala-Gurdaspur-Jammu & Kashmir Highway (NH15). They offer engineering and management studies at the bachelors and masters levels. It is affiliated with Punjab Technical University. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Global Institute of Management and Emerging Technologies
Global Institute of Management and Emerging Technologies came into existence in the year 2008. At the time of inception four B.Tech. programmes in the areas of Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology were introduced. Subsequently, MBA, MCA and M.Tech. programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering were added. The courses offered by the institute are approved by AICTE. The institute is affiliated by the Punjab Technical University. It occupies an area of 22 acres (89,000 m2).
Global Institute of Management
Global Institute of Management came into existence in the year 2008. At the time of inception an MBA programme in the areas of Marketing, Finance, Information Technology and Human Resource Management with intake of 60 was introduced. Subsequently, intake was increased to 120. Other courses like B.Com (professional), BCA, BSc (HMCT), were introduced in 2013 and B.Sc Agriculture was introduced in 2014.The courses offered by the institute are approved by AICTE. The institute is affiliated to Punjab Technical University.
The following departments are present in the institutes. All departments are actively involved in research in their specific fields.
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
The Institute is situated within Global Technical Campus, Amritsar, and is located on Amritsar-Batala-Gurdaspur-Jammu & Kashmir Highway (NH15).
The campus extends over 24 acres (97,000 m2). The campus is divided into zones for hostels, Main College Buildings, Administration Block, Sports complex, Residential Complex for staff and faculty and a cafeteria. The college has auditorium, class rooms, tutorial rooms, drawing halls, library, computer centre, reading rooms, workshops and laboratories. The Institute has playgrounds, badminton courts, basketball courts, gymnasium, a students centre and facilities like hostels, transport, medical care centre. Hostel facilities for men and women are available in the campus.
The Institute has three libraries of which one is for MBA/MCA/Engineering students, second is exclusively for MBA students and the third is for Polytechnic students.
- Bachelor of Technology courses (four years):
- Master of Technology courses (two years):
- Master of Computer Applications (Three years)
- Master of Business Administration courses (two years):
Department of Training and Placements
The Training and Placement Department is staffed with full-time placement professionals. It offers students an employment placement service. Every avenue is pursued to assist students in obtaining employment.The Institute has an excellent track record of placements of the students of MBA,MCA & Engineering wing. ,
Udaan is a national level annual cultural and technical symposium organized by students of Global Institutes. Events include quizzes, workshops, game shows, informal events, fashion show, dance show and star night etc.
The institute has indoor and outdoor sports facilities including athletics, badminton, football, volleyball, table tennis, basketball, cricket, hockey etc. Students participate in Sports with great enthusiasm. A new gymnasium has come up in the institute with most modern equipment so that students can work out in the evening and gain freshness.
Every year, Global Institutes organize two-day Sports Meet in the campus athletics track. Students participate in the events with full enthusiasm.
Admissions to Bachelor of Technology courses are made through the
- Punjab Technical University (85% of seats for students belongs to Punjab through PTU Central Counseling based on JEE Score) conducted by All India Engineering Entrance Examination.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for the students of other states to be admitted through All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
Admissions to MBA and MCA courses are made through the
- Punjab Technical University (85% of seats for students belongs to Punjab through PTU Central Counseling based on PMET Score) conducted by PTU.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for the students of other states.
- "Global Education for Global Career". Global Institutes. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "No title given" (PDF). Aicte-india.org. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Punjab Technical University, Jallandhar". Ptu.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Global Institute of Management | Business Schools | Amritsar". Amritsar.dialindia.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- September 18, 2012 10:18 am. "Global Institute of Management and Emerging Technologies - Courses, Campus, Placements, Fee-Structure, Fests, Hostels, Facilities | FaaDoOEngineers.com". Colleges.faadooengineers.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Global Institutes.|
- Global Institutes - Official website
- GLOBAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
- GLOBAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
- GLOBAL POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
- Higher Education in India