|Industry||Oil and gas
Number of locations
Marine warranty surveying
Number of employees
Global Maritime is an independent offshore and engineering consultancy headquartered in Stavanger, Norway. The company provides engineering, marine and advisory services to the offshore and shipping industry. Originally operating primarily in the North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, the company has over the recent years expanded its area of operations to include a number of emerging market locations. Global Maritime offers expertise from concept design, construction and operation, through to decommissioning of offshore developments.
Global Maritime was founded in London, England in 1979. The Stavanger branch was founded in 1987. After a restructuring in the early 2000s, Global Maritime Holdings AS was established as the enterprise's parent company, and the worldwide headquarters were moved to Stavanger.
Global Maritime was responsible for the 2011 installation of the sole platform on the Prirazlomnoye field in the Pechora Sea. The Prirazlomnoye field is the first commercial oil development in the Arctic.
In 2012, Norwegian investment company HitecVision announced that it had acquired a majority share of the Global Maritime stock.
Design and Engineering
Marine Engineering and Consultancy
Marine Warranty and Asset Integrity Assurance
Risk and Safety
Global Maritime Holdings AS headquarters are located in Stavanger, Norway. The company has a further seven European divisions, as well as divisions in the Americas, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
Branches and subsidiaries
- Global Maritime Holdings Ltd.
- American Global Maritime Inc.
- Global Maritime Pty.
- "HitecVision Invests In Global Maritime". Hitec Vision. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Storoppdrag på arktisk felt" [Major Operation in Arctic Field] (in Norwegian). Dagens Næringsliv. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Nøkkelopplysninger fra Enhetsregisteret" [Information from the Business Register] (in Norwegian). Brønnøysund Register Center. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "COSLInnovator Rig Data and Rig News". offshore.no. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "COSLPromoter Rig Data and Rig News". offshore.no. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "COSLPioneer Rig Data and Rig News". offshore.no. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "Global Maritime Offices Worldwide". globalmaritime.com. Retrieved 21 December 2012.