Global Peter Drucker Forum
This article needs to be updated.(June 2014)
The Global Peter Drucker Forum is an international management conference dedicated to the management philosophy of Peter Drucker. Drucker, who lived from 1909 to 2005, was a management professor, writer, and consultant, frequently referred to as a "management guru." The Forum is held annually in November, in Drucker's home town of Vienna, Austria and is put on by the Peter Drucker Society Europe, an affiliate of the Drucker Institute at Claremont Graduate University.
The fourth Global Peter Drucker Forum was scheduled to be held on 15 and 16 November of 2012. The theme for this meet is "CAPITALISM 2.0: NEW HORIZONS FOR MANAGERS".
The third Global Peter Drucker Forum was held on November 3 and 4, 2011 at the Hall of Sciences at the old Vienna University on the theme of "A Quest for Legitimacy: How Managers Can Shape the Future."
Speakers at the conference included the philosopher Charles Handy, Harvard professor Rakesh Khurana, daughter of the late C.K. Prahalad and author Deepa Prahalad, director and founder of the Legatum Centre at MIT Iqbal Quadir, Adrian Wooldridge of The Economist. Additionally, 12 essayists were selected as winners of Drucker Challenge 2011.
The second Global Peter Drucker Forum took place at the Liechtenstein Palace on November 18 and 19, 2010 under the sponsorship of the European Foundation for Management Development. The 2nd Forum marked the launch of the first Peter Drucker Challenge, an essay competition honoring Drucker.
The first Global Peter Drucker Forum was held on November 19, 2009, marking what would have been the 100th birthday of the late Peter Drucker. The forum included presentations by management philosopher and author Charles Handy, Kellogg School of Management professor Philip Kotler, economist Peter Lorange, economist and consultant Fredmund Malik, C.K. Prahalad of the Stephen M. Ross School of Business and Simon-Kucher & Partners chairman Hermann Simon.
Peter Drucker Challenge
The Peter Drucker Challenge was added to the Forum in 2010. The challenge is an essay competition open to you business leaders. The topic of the challenge changes annually but is related to the works of Peter Drucker.
The 2011 Peter Drucker Challenge focused on the topic of, "management, what is it good for?". The competition closed in August and the winners were announced by Peter Drucker Society Europe. Jury was composed of Deepa Prahalad, John Peters and Elizabeth Haas Edersheim.
The 2010 Peter Drucker Challenge received 214 entries. The competition was judged by Danica Purg, who was named "Dean of the year" by the Academy for International Business, chief executive for Emerald Group Publishing John Peters and author Elizabeth Haas-Edersheim. The judges selected 12 top essayists, with first place going to Florian Ramseger.
- "The 4th Global Peter Drucker Forum" (PDF). The Drucker Society Europe. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "The 3rd Global Peter Drucker Forum". The Drucker Society Europe. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Drucker Challenge Winners 2011". The Drucker Society Europe. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "EFMD Announces 2nd Global Peter Drucker Management Forum18th to 19th November, 2010at Vienna, Austria". AMDISA. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- "HRPS, People & Strategy Attend First Global Drucker Foru" (PDF). People & Strategy. 2009. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- "The 2011 Peter Drucker Challenge". Peter Drucker Challenge. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- "Summaries of the top 12 Essays" (PDF). The Peter Drucker Essay Challenge. Emerald Insights. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- Wartzman, Rick. "Cloud Computing and Peter Drucker". Business Week. Retrieved 12 September 2011.