Global Policy Forum
Founding Executive Director James Paul and his team have written a number of prominent policy papers on such topics as global taxes, Security Council reform, the world food/hunger crisis, and problems of development aid. GPF's website has collections of analyses on subjects such as UN reform, international development, NGOs, and globalization.
GPF's stated mission is to:
- Monitor policy making at the United Nations;
- Promote accountability of global decisions;
- Educate and mobilize for global citizen participation;
- Advocate on vital issues of international peace and justice.
GPF has consultative status at the United Nations. It convenes the NGO Working Group on the Security Council about 40 times per year, usually meeting with Security Council Ambassadors and occasionally with senior UN Secretariat officials or Foreign Ministers. Its primary office is in New York, located in the United Nations Plaza. Since September 2004 it has had a branch based in Bonn, Germany, called Global Policy Forum Europe.
- "Understanding The Face of Globalization: Online Internet Guide". University of Wisconsin–Madison. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- "Reference Reports and Materials". United Nations. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|