|Industry||E-commerce, Publishing, Trade shows|
|Founder||Merle A. Hinrichs|
|Hu Wei, CEO|
Global Sources (Chinese: 環球資源) is a Hong Kong-based business-to-business (B2B) multichannel media company that serves buyers and suppliers online and offline since 1971. Its core business facilitates trade between suppliers and the Global Sources' community of over 1.5 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, through trade shows, online marketplaces, the premier management magazine Chief Executive China, apps and other virtual products. These services provide suppliers with multiple marketing solutions to build corporate branding, generate sales leads and increase orders in over 240 countries.
Global Sources organizes many professional sourcing fairs in Hong Kong every year in response to the development of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. These includes the world 's largest electronic product sourcing fair - Global Sources Electronics, Indonesia which connects China with Southeast Asia market under the “Belt and Road Initiative”. Global Sources is also a majority shareholder in Shenzhen International Machinery Manufacturing Industry Exhibition (SIMM), the leading machinery exhibitions in Southern China, and its related shows.
The company launched its China Sourcing Fairs in 2003.
- Global Sources Exhibitions, which bring international buyers face-to-face with suppliers. Specialized shows take place in Hong Kong,
- Private sourcing events, which create opportunities for pre-selected suppliers to meet privately with buyers representing retail chains.
- Global Sources online marketplaces, which allow buyers to contact manufacturers directly for inquiries and purchases.
- Chief Executive China, which feature thousands of informative supplier advertisements. Each of the 16 industry titles provides reports on new products and trends in sourcing. Print, digital and mobile app editions are available.
In July 2018, Hu Wei, formerly President of Reed Exhibitions Greater China, was appointed as the CEO of Global Sources.
- 1971 First issue of Asian Sources magazine
- 1974 First issue of Asian Sources magazine spinoff, Asian Sources Electronics
- 1995 Launches Asian Sources Online, first international trade marketplace
- 2000 Lists on NASDAQ (Symbol: GSOL)
- 2003 First China Sourcing Fairs in Shanghai
- 2006 Global Sources trade shows move to Hong Kong
- 2011 Verified Buyers initiative announced
- 2013 Acquisition of SIMM
- 2017 Global Sources announces its acquisition by Blackstone
- 2018 Global Sources completes a merger with Clarion Events
- 2018 Over 18,000 booths of the latest products at Global Sources trade show
- 2019 First Global Sources Indonesia, Electronics in Jakarta
- 2020 First Global Sourcing Fair South Africa
- 2021 Global Sources celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- "Global Sources Exhibitions: Specialized Trade Fairs in HK". globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "世界经理人-世界经理人网站与杂志致力引导职业经理人实现卓越管理". www.ceconline.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "2020 Global Sources Electronics Indonesia: New show in Jakarta!". www.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources Exhibitions". www.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources - Press Release - Dec 5, 2019". www.corporate.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources' Private Sourcing Events see strong buyer and supplier support in 2012 despite uncertain economic conditions". Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "New Buyers at Private Sourcing Events Double in First Half of 2011". Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Global Sources to hold 15 Private Sourcing Events for world retailers with US$665 billion in annual sales". Bloomberg. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Global Sources Online Marketplaces". www.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources - Chief Executive China presents its 15th anniversary special edition". www.corporate.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources Introduces e-Magazines". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Global Sources Magazines on Apple App Store". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Global Sources Magazines on Google Play Store". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Clarion Events completes merger with Global Sources".
- "Global Sources Ltd". Forbes. Retrieved 18 November 2013.