|Industry||E-commerce, Publishing, Trade shows|
|Founder||Merle A. Hinrichs|
|Hu Wei, CEO|
Global Sources (Chinese: 環球資源) is a Hong Kong-based business-to-business (B2B) multichannel media company that serves buyers and suppliers online and offline since 1971. Its core business facilitates trade between suppliers and buyers, through trade shows, online marketplaces, the management magazine Chief Executive China, apps and other virtual products.
Global Sources organizes many professional sourcing fairs in Hong Kong every year in response to the development of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. These includes the world 's largest electronic product sourcing fair - Global Sources Electronics, Indonesia which connects China with Southeast Asia market under the “Belt and Road Initiative”. Global Sources is also a majority shareholder in Shenzhen International Machinery Manufacturing Industry Exhibition (SIMM), the leading machinery exhibitions in Southern China, and its related shows.
The company launched its China Sourcing Fairs in 2003.
- Global Sources Exhibitions, which bring international buyers face-to-face with suppliers. Specialized shows take place in Hong Kong,
- Private sourcing events, which create opportunities for pre-selected suppliers to meet privately with buyers representing retail chains.
- Global Sources online marketplaces, which allow buyers to contact manufacturers directly for inquiries and purchases.
- Chief Executive China, which feature thousands of informative supplier advertisements. Each of the 16 industry titles provides reports on new products and trends in sourcing. Print, digital and mobile app editions are available.
In July 2018, Hu Wei, formerly President of Reed Exhibitions Greater China, was appointed as the CEO of Global Sources.
- "Global Sources Exhibitions: Specialized Trade Fairs in HK". globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "世界经理人-世界经理人网站与杂志致力引导职业经理人实现卓越管理". www.ceconline.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "2020 Global Sources Electronics Indonesia: New show in Jakarta!". www.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources Exhibitions". www.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources - Press Release - Dec 5, 2019". www.corporate.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources' Private Sourcing Events see strong buyer and supplier support in 2012 despite uncertain economic conditions". Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "New Buyers at Private Sourcing Events Double in First Half of 2011". Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Global Sources to hold 15 Private Sourcing Events for world retailers with US$665 billion in annual sales". Bloomberg. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Global Sources Online Marketplaces". www.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources - Chief Executive China presents its 15th anniversary special edition". www.corporate.globalsources.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Global Sources Introduces e-Magazines". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Global Sources Magazines on Apple App Store". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Global Sources Magazines on Google Play Store". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Clarion Events completes merger with Global Sources".