|Founders||Seattle International Foundation, University of Washington, and Washington State University|
Global Washington is a Seattle-based nonprofit membership association whose mission is to promote international development by coordinating the efforts of other globally-minded philanthropic, research and business organizations in Washington state.
Global Washington was founded in December 2008 by the Seattle International Foundation, the University of Washington, and Washington State University. Kristen Dailey, formerly of Initiative for Global Development, became the association's executive director in May 2014.
In 2008 the United States Federal Government budgeted about 30 billion USD for foreign aid and of that, about 8 billion was for healthcare. Global Washington criticized this budget for neglecting development.
- Choi, Robert (2010-01-27). "Letter 947 (D0/CG) [501(c)(3) letter]" (PDF). globalwa.org. Cincinnati, OH: Internal Revenue Service. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Our History". globalwa.org. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- Spitzer, Gabe (16 May 2014). "Humanosphere - Global Washington’s new chief explores region’s role as humanitarian epicenter". humanosphere.org. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- Heim, Kristi (24 September 2009). "The Business of Giving - Making a case for foreign aid". seattletimes.nwsource.com. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- Gheisar, Bookda (26 August 2011). "Global Washington Welcomes Policymakers to Discuss Maintaining Foreign Aid Amidst Proposed Cuts". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 15 September 2011.