|Industry||Software Product Development|
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Key people||Martín Migoya, CEO
Guibert Englebienne, CTO
Martín Umaran, Chief of Staff
Néstor Nocetti, EVP Corp. Affairs
Guillermo Marsicovetere, COO
Alejandro Scannapieco, CFO
Guillermo Willi, CPO
Gustavo Barreiro, CIO
Wanda Weigert, Marketing & Communications Director
Mobile application development
Social Networks Development
|Revenue||$129 million USD (2012)|
|Employees||2700 (2012)|
Globant is an IT and Software Development company operating in Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, England, Brazil and the United States. It was formed in 2003 by Martín Migoya, Guibert Englebienne, Martín Umaran and Néstor Nocetti. It is headquartered in Buenos Aires and principally serves clients in the United States and United Kingdom.
Globant is divided into 8 Studios, that embody different core competencies in technologies and practices, and include: Consumer Experience; Gaming; Big Data and High Performance; Quality Engineering; Enterprise Consumerization; Creative and Social; Mobile; and Cloud Computing and Infrastructure. This Studio model, rather than an industry segmentation, allows Globant to focus in emerging technologies and related market trends for its clients, regardless of their industry.
- 2003: Globant started operations with own funded capital.
- 2005: Globant opened its second Development Center in Buenos Aires. The company was also named Endeavor Entrepreneur 2005 was recognized as the Best Services Exporter by Export. Ar. The Sloan School of Management of the MIT wrote a case about Globant called: "Leading the IT Revolution in Latin America".
- 2006: Globant opened its development center in the city of Tandil, Argentina.
- 2007: Globant certified CMMI level 3. The company was recognized as the Top Emerging Global Services Provider, by Global Services Magazine.
Globant opened offices in the city of La Plata, Argentina; and expanded its operations also in the US (Palo Alto). Globant founded Fonalix with BGH, a company that provides IP Telephony Solutions for small and medium business in Latin America.
- 2008: The research company IDC pointed Globant as one of the growing companies in Latin America in its study "Latin American Predictions 2008". Globant Acquires Accendra, an Argentine  Software Company with 100 employees adding operations in Chile and Colombia. In December, Globant closed its third financing round of USD13MM with Riverwood Capital and FTV Capital. It also acquired Openware, an Argentine  company specialized in Security & Infrastructure Management. Globant's team of Globers reached the 1000 professionals
- 2009: Globant received two teams from the Global Entrepreneurship lab from the MIT, to study the M&A strategy and the Globant University Project.
- 2010: Globant was awarded with the AlwaysON 250 award for creating technology innovations for the Global Silicon Valley, in the Cloud and Infrastructure Category. It was also named Cool Vendor by Gartner, in the Cool Vendors in Business Process Services 2010 report by Gartner, Inc. During this year, Globant also reorganized itself and launched 8 studios, each one specializing in a different vertical, practice or industry. They are: Gaming Studio, Big Data & High Performance Studio, Consumer Experience Studio, Enterprise Consumerization Studio, Creative & Social Studio, Cloud Computing & Infrastructure Studio, Mobile and Quality Engineering Studio.
- 2011: Globant acquired San Francisco-based Nextive, company specialized in the development of mobile solutions 
- 2012: Globant acquired Brazil-based TerraForum, company specialized in Innovation and Knowledge Management Consulting, Digital Marketing & Social Media and Software Development.
- 2013: WPP, acquires minority stake in Globant to further strengthen its digital capabilities in the United States, United Kingdom, Latin America and beyond. Globant also acquired 86.25% of Huddle Group, a software company with operations in United States, Argentina and Chile. 
- 2014: FastCompany featured Globant as one of the world's top 10 most innovative companies in South America
Revenue and headcount
|This table needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013)|
- "Globant´s History". January 2006. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Endeavor Argentina" (in Spanish). Endeavor. January 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Globant at the MIT". G-Lab, Sloan School of Management MIT. January 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Consulting with Support of the MIT". La Nación. March 2006. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Top 5 Emerging Services Provider --2007 Winner Globant". Global Services Magazine. February 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "Latin America Predictions 2008". IDC. January 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Globant acquires Accendra" (in Spanish). La Nación. January 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Globant Secures $13 Million Investment from FTVentures and Riverwood Capital". December 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "Globant Gets Openware for USD1.5MM". Business News America. December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "Announcing the 2010 AlwaysOn Global 250". AlwaysON. 2010-07-31. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Cool Vendor in Business Process Services, 2010". Gartner. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Globant Acquires Mobile And Social Applications Developer Nextive". Tech Crunch. 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "By Acquiring TerraForum, Globant Takes a Big Step into Brazil Software Market". NearshoreAmericas. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- "Argentina's Globant Downloads $70M From WPP". DowJones. 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Globant Acquires Majority Stake in Huddle and Expands Operation to Chile". NearshoreAmericas. 2013-10-31.
- "THE WORLD'S TOP 10 MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES IN SOUTH AMERICA". FastCompany. 2014-02-13.
- Stier, Ken (2011-04-08). "IT Outsourcer Globant Sells Innovation, Wows Google, LinkedIn". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Argentina IT Firm Globant Secures $15M Private Equity Investment". Wall Street Journal. 2011-03-22. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Eight Ways to Ensure Outsourcing Success". Baseline. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "The Good and the Bad of the IPO Market". Tech Crunch. 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "CSR Video Updates: Interview with Martin Migoya, CEO, Globant (Argentina)". Just Means. 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "Globant Lands on Gartner’s Cool Vendor Listing". NearshoreAmericas.com. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Globant Inaugurates Offices in Colombia". Sys-Con News. 2009-02-23. Retrieved 2008-02-25.
- SREEHARSHA, VINOD (2008-12-25). "Fiscal Chaos Aside, Start-Ups Bloom in Argentina". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- Schwartz, Ephraim (2008-09-03). "Do's and don'ts for managing IT projects with wikis". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- Hall, Mark (2008-01-23). "South America aglow for outsource role". Computerworld. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Wayne visitó un novedoso parque tecnológico" (in Spanish). Infobae. 2008-02-11. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- "Crece el mercado laboral femenino" (in Spanish). La Nación. 2008-02-03. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
- Germain, Jack M. (2007-12-01). "Who Needs Linux Support?". Linux Insider. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "¿Quiere retener a sus empleados? ¡Haga que se diviertan!" (in Spanish). Clarin. 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2007-11-28.
- "Shape Up Your Storage On Demand". Processor Magazine. 2007-11-16. p. 10. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "La e-República Argentina" (in Spanish). La Nación. 2007-08-27. Retrieved 2007-08-27.
- "Consultoría con respaldo del MIT" (in Spanish). La Nación. 2006-03-05. Retrieved 2006-03-05.
- "Los Proximos Pasos de Globant en la Región" (in Spanish). info341. 2009-05-18. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- John, Don St. (2004-11-12). "Q&A: Globant's Guibert Englebienne". Information Week. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "GRAN PREMIO MERCURIO DE ORO 2007" (in Spanish). Asociación Argentina de Marketing. Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-11-19.