|Traded as||NYSE: GLOB|
|Industry||Software Product Development|
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Martín Migoya, CEO|
Guibert Englebienne, CTO
Martín Umaran, Chief of Staff
Néstor Nocetti, EVP Corp. Affairs
Guillermo Marsicovetere, COO
Alejandro Scannapieco, CFO
Guillermo Willi, CPO
Gustavo Barreiro, CIO
Wanda Weigert, Marketing & Communications Director
Mobile application development
Social Networks Development
|Revenue||$413.44 million USD (2017)|
Number of employees
Globant is an IT and Software Development company operating in Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, the United Kingdom, Brazil, the United States, Peru, India, Mexico, Chile, Spain, Romania and Belarus. It was formed in 2003 by Martín Migoya, Guibert Englebienne, Martín Umaran and Néstor Nocetti. It is headquartered in Buenos Aires. and principally serves clients in the United States and United Kingdom.
- 2003: Globant started operations with own funded capital.
- 2005: Globant opened its second Development GOV Center in Buenos Aires. The company was also named Endeavor Entrepreneur 2005 was recognized as the Best Services Exporter by Export.Ar The Sloan School of Management of the MIT wrote a case about Globant called: "Leading the IT Revolution in Latin America".
- 2006: Globant opened its development center in the city of Tandil, Argentina.
- 2007: Globant certified CMMI level 3. The company was recognized as the Top Emerging Global Services Provider, by Global Services Magazine.
Globant opened offices in the city of La Plata, Argentina; and expanded its operations also in the US (Palo Alto). Globant founded Fonalix with BGH, a company that provides IP Telephony Solutions for small and medium business in Latin America.
- 2008: The research company IDC pointed Globant as one of the growing companies in Latin America in its study "Latin American Predictions 2008". Globant Acquires Accendra, an Argentine Software Company with 100 employees adding operations in Chile and Colombia. In December, Globant closed its third financing round of USD13MM with Riverwood Capital and FTV Capital. It also acquired Openware, an Argentine company specialized in Security & Infrastructure Management.Globant's team of Globers reached the 1000 professionals. The New York Times included Globant in an article about argentinian software startups.
- 2009: Globant received two teams from the Global Entrepreneurship lab from the MIT, to study the M&A strategy and the Globant University Project.
- 2010: Globant was awarded with the AlwaysON 250 award for creating technology innovations for the Global Silicon Valley, in the Cloud and Infrastructure Category. It was also named Cool Vendor by Gartner, in the Cool Vendors in Business Process Services 2010 report by Gartner, Inc. During this year, Globant also reorganized itself and launched 8 studios, each one specializing in a different vertical, practice or industry. They are: Gaming, Big Data, Consumer Experience, Enterprise Consumerization, Creative & Social, Cloud Computing & Infrastructure, Mobile and Quality Engineering.
- 2011: Globant acquired San Francisco-based Nextive, company specialized in the development of mobile solutions and Globant´s story with Google was showcased by Bloomberg.
- 2012: Globant acquired Brazil-based TerraForum, company specialized in Innovation and Knowledge Management Consulting, Digital Marketing & Social Media and Software Development.
- 2012: Globant opened its development center in the city of Tucuman, Argentina.
- 2013: WPP, acquires minority stake in Globant to further strengthen its digital capabilities in the United States, United Kingdom, Latin America and beyond. Globant also acquired 86.25% of Huddle Group, a software company with operations in United States, Argentina and Chile.
- 2014: FastCompany featured Globant as one of the world's top 10 most innovative companies in South America The company got listed on New York Stock Exchange.
- 2014: Globant announced that they will make a Google Play Like dedicated hardware store for project ara Project Ara forum. confirmed the news.
- 2015: Globant acquired Clarice Technologies in May 2015 and expanded its presence in Asia. A year later, they opened up this new space to work on the creation of digital journeys for some of the most renowned brands of the world. “With capacity for 1,200 Globers, with the new office facilities we plan to double our current headcount in the city. The most important thing that we are looking for is the best talent of the world, so we will continue looking for this talent, regardless where they are located. Our investment of opening a development centre in Pune is a part of our goal of bringing opportunities to where the talent is, so, by promoting this expansion, we intend to take opportunities globally and foster our positioning as the employer of choice for professionals all over the world”, added Martin.
- 2017: Globant acquired PointSource, a design and development tech agency specialized in providing digital transformation services across retail, supply chain and insurance industries. Globant acquired another company, Ratio, a leading digital services company specialized on video streaming solution.
Within India, Globant also has a Bangalore, India office in addition to its operations throughout Latin America, North America and Europe.
Revenue and headcount
- https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLOB/?guccounter=1. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
|website=(help); Missing or empty
- http://investors.globant.com/2017-05-18-Globant-Reports-2017-First-Quarter-Financial-Results. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
|website=(help); Missing or empty
- Globant (January 2006). "Globant´s History". Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Globant FAQ - Where are Globant's headquarters?". Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Endeavor (January 2008). "Endeavor Argentina" (in Spanish). Endeavor. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- https://www.mrecic.gov.ar/fundacion-exportar. Missing or empty
- MIT (January 2008). "Globant at the MIT". G-Lab, Sloan School of Management MIT. Archived from the original on March 26, 2010. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- La Nacion (March 2006). "Consulting with Support of the MIT". La Nación. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- Global Services (February 2007). "Top 5 Emerging Services Provider --2007 Winner Globant". Global Services Magazine. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "Latin America Predictions 2008". IDC. January 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- La Nacion (January 2008). "Globant acquires Accendra" (in Spanish). La Nación. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- FTV Capital (December 2009). "Globant Secures $13 Million Investment from FTVentures and Riverwood Capital". Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- BNAmericas (December 2008). "Globant Gets Openware for USD1.5MM". Business News America. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- SREEHARSHA, VINOD (2008-12-25). "Fiscal Chaos Aside, Start-Ups Bloom in Argentina". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- "Announcing the 2010 AlwaysOn Global 250". AlwaysON. 2010-07-31. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Cool Vendor in Business Process Services, 2010". Gartner. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Globant Acquires Mobile And Social Applications Developer Nextive". Tech Crunch. 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "IT Outsourcer Globant Sells Innovation, Wows Google, LinkedIn". Bloomberg. 2011-04-08. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "By Acquiring TerraForum, Globant Takes a Big Step into Brazil Software Market". NearshoreAmericas. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- "Argentina's Globant Downloads $70M From WPP". DowJones. 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Globant Acquires Majority Stake in Huddle and Expands Operation to Chile". NearshoreAmericas. 2013-10-31.
- "THE WORLD'S TOP 10 MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES IN SOUTH AMERICA". FastCompany. 2014-02-13.
- "Globant Prices its Initial Public Offering and Lists on the NYSE". Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Globant Bolsters Digital Assets with PointSource Acquisition - Nearshore Americas". Nearshore Americas. 2017-06-05. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Globant swoops up another Seattle company as it acquires digital agency Ratio". GeekWire. 2017-03-01. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Form F-1". Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Globant Presents 2014 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results". Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- http://investors.globant.com/2016-02-17-Globant-Reports-2015-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-Financial-Results. Missing or empty
- http://investors.globant.com/2018-02-15-Globant-Reports-2017-Full-Year-and-Fourth-Quarter-Financial-Results. Missing or empty