|Total length||23,500 kilometres (14,600 mi)|
|Technology||Fiber optics / SDH / DWDM|
|Date of first use||2001|
GlobeNet is a wholesale telecom operator that connects the Americas with an integrated and comprehensive portfolio of services (Network, IP, IaaS and Security), supported by its 23,500-kilometer subsea cable system and IT infrastructure.
GlobeNet is a portfolio company of BTG Pactual's Infrastructure Fund II, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale (USA), that was named 2017 Best Regional Wholesale Operator at 2017 World Communication Awards, and Company of the Year 2017 by Frost and Sullivan.
Their subsea cable system has landing points in:
- Tuckerton, New Jersey, USA
- Boca Raton, Florida, USA
- St David's, Bermuda
- Maiquetia, Venezuela
- Fortaleza, Brazil
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Barranquilla, Colombia
In 2017 the company built a 200 m2 upgradeable Tier III Datacenter in Barranquilla (Colombia) that offers an environment to support IT, security and disaster recovery services.
- "GlobeNet" (PDF). Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- "FCC Cable Landing License". Retrieved January 16, 2007.
- "Brasil Telecom S.A. Material Fact "Aquisição dos Ativos de Globenet" 12 June 2003" (PDF). Retrieved January 16, 2007.
- "BTG Pactual Infrastructure" (PDF). Retrieved August 15, 2014.