|Traded as||TYO: 7990|
Higashikurume, Tokyo, 203-8511,
|Revenue||JPY 85.7 billion (FY 2017) (US$ 808 million) (FY 2017)|
|JPY 2.5 billion (FY 2017) (US$ 23.5 million) (FY 2017)|
Number of employees
|5,848 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
Globeride, Inc. (グローブライド株式会社 Gurōburaido Kabushiki-gaisha) (formerly Daiwa Seiko Corporation) is a Japanese company that produces fishing equipment in addition to tennis, golf and biking gear. Globeride's fishing products, sold under the Daiwa brand, account for the majority of its sales. The company also offers licensed Prince brand tennis gear, GIII brand golf gear, Bottecchia bicycles, and other outdoor products.
Globeride, founded in 1958, operates from offices throughout Japan and internationally from subsidiaries in Australia, China, France, Germany, Taiwan, Thailand, the UK, and the US (Daiwa Corporation). The British subsidiary, Daiwa Sports Ltd., was established in 1977 and production commenced the following year with the production of fishing rods and golf clubs. The Company renamed itself from Daiwa Seiko Corporation to Globeride on October 1, 2009.
Globeride has fishing (Edwin, Snow Peak, Daiwa), golf (Fourteen, Roddio, GIII, ONOFF), racket sports (Prince) and cycle sports brands (Bottecchia, Focus Bikes, Corratec) in its portfolio.
- "Corporate Profile". Globeride Inc. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Corporate Profile". Financial Times. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Feel The Earth – Daiwa Feature" (PDF). Tackle Trade World. David Hall Publishing. June 2016. pp. 88–89. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Company Overview of Globeride, Inc". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- Strange, Roger (September 11, 2002). Japanese Manufacturing Investment in Europe: Its Impact on the UK Economy. Routledge. p. 120. ISBN 978-1-134-95113-0.
- "1977 to 2017 – Daiwa Sports: 40 Years and counting". Tackle Trade World. David Hall Publishing. September 15, 2017. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Mizuno, Fumiya (July 27, 2017). "Globeride, Inc. Company research and analysis" (PDF). FISCO Ltd. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- Official website (in Japanese)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|