First edition of the Globes, October 17, 1983.
|Type||Daily Business Newspaper|
|Owner(s)||Alona Bar-On and Anat Agmon|
|Headquarters||Rishon LeZion, Israel|
Globes (Hebrew: גלובס) is a Hebrew-language daily evening financial newspaper, the largest and the oldest of its kind in Israel. Globes was founded in the early 1980s and published in Tel Aviv, Israel. It deals with economic issues and news from the Israeli and international business worlds. The color of the paper is pink, inspired by the British Financial Times.
Globes was one of the first Israeli dailies to publish its contents on the World Wide Web, dating back to April 1995.
The daily paper founded by Haim Bar-On, the publisher of the newspaper, on the basis of a small, Haifa-based financial newspaper, in partnership with businessman Eliezer Fishman.
Following the success of Globes, it had a competitor in the form of Telegraph, which had a lower subscription price and was also printed on Saturday. Telegraph was closed after several years. A few years later, the Schocken Media Network published TheMarker economic newspaper as a competitor to Globes.
The chief editor of Globes is Naama Sikuler. Among the regular contributors to the newspaper are Yoav Karni, Tal Schneider, Eli Tsipori, Matti Golan, Stella Korin-Lieber, and Dror Foer.
Globes sections and inserts
Globes is distributed each night Sunday through Thursday, with two major parts:
- Titles – the main news part
- Capital markets – stock exchange supplement
Among the supplements / inserts:
- G – Main weekend supplement, including regular columns by contributors such as Yoav Karni (foreign affairs), Dror Feuer, Hilik Gurfinkel (restaurant & wine critic) and Roy Yerushalmi (culinary, food history & recipes).
- Nadlan – The weekly real-estate insert (Sundays).
- Lady Globes – A monthly magazine insert devoted to women also sold separately on newsstands.
The publishing house is located in Rishon Lezion.
- Yaakobson, Dror (16 March 1998). "The Man Who Said Yes to the Internet". Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Yonatan Kitain (20 July 2017). "TGI survey: Weekend "Israel Hayom" overtakes "Yedioth"". Globes. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Naama Sikuler appointed "Globes" editor". Globes. 23 July 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Globes (newspaper).|