Globus (clothing retailer)
|Industry||Retail Industry, Fashion industry|
|Akshay Raheja - Vice Chairman, Vinay Nadkarni -Globus MD and CEO|
|Products||Discount department store, clothing, Fashion_accessory, Apparel|
Globus was founded in January 1998. Its first location (at 35,000 square foot store) opened in Indore in June 1999, followed by two locations in Chennai. Its Mumbai flagship location opened in November 2001. By May 2008 the chain had expanded to 24 stores, and started a push to greatly expand the number of locations. The chain has previously announced bold plans to expand to a much larger number of stores, such as 150.
The chain was run by Ved Prakash Arya from its founding until March 2004.
Currently, it is run by Vinay Gajanan Nadkarni, who serves it as the Managing Director and CEO. Nadkarni, who took over from Arya in 2004, opened the 36th store in February 2013.
- Corporate Office
- (4 April 2012). Pune gets its third Globus store, IndiaRetailing.com
- Madaan, K.V.S. Fundamentals Of Retailing, p. 288 (2009)
- Lamba, A.J. The Art Of Retailing, p. 104-05 (2003)
- (1 November 2001). Globus unveils in-house brand in Mumbai store, The Hindu
- "Kareena Kapoor is the new face of Globus". Bollywoodhungama.com. 2007-08-28. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Sabarinath, M. (8 March 2004). Globus chief Arya quits, is COO of Pantaloon, The Economic Times
- ""I am launching my clothesline with Globus" - Kareena". Bollywoodhungama.com. 2008-02-16. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Globus. "Press release: Globus Unveils the Tallest Christmas Stocking in the World - Contending for the Top Slot in the Book of Records". BusinessWire India. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- Chennai stores of Globus relaunched - Economic Times
- Globus ropes in Kareena as brand ambassador - Money - DNA
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|