Cover of the 23 December 2011 issue
|Publisher||4 Media EPH D.O.O.|
|First issue||13 December 1990|
History and profile
Globus was started in 1990, having some of its first issues published during the Croatian War of Independence. The founders are Ninoslav Pavic, Denis Kuljiš and Zdravko Jurak. The magazine is based in Zagreb. It is owned by Europapress holding (EPH) media group, one of the largest media publishing companies in the country. Globus is one of EPH's flagship publication along with Jutarnji list daily. The magazine is published by 4 Media EPH D.O.O. on a weekly basis.
Originally devised as tabloid, it never took an openly chauvinist approach of Slobodni tjednik and always tried to give the appearance of objectivity. Gradually, its articles began to deal with shady aspects of privatisation, abuses against ethnic Serb citizens and other topics not covered by mainstream media in Croatia. As such Globus is credited for introducing investigative journalism in Croatia. The magazine covers articles on corruption, fraud, abuse of power and political assassinations.
In 2009 the circulation of Globus was 28,000 copies.
- "Croatian newspapers and magazines". Pecob. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- Stjepan Malović; Gary W. Selnow (1 January 2001). The People, Press, and Politics of Croatia. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 148. ISBN 978-0-275-96543-3. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- Pål Kolstø (28 December 2012). Media Discourse and the Yugoslav Conflicts: Representations of Self and Other. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 260. ISBN 978-1-4094-9164-4. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Stojan de Prato. "Print Media in Croatia ̶ Destroyed by Tabloidisation and De-Professionalisation" (PDF). Heinrich Boell Foundation. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Globus. Factsheet". Publicitas. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Smjena u Globusu: Nenada Polimca na mjestu glavnog urednika zamijenio Nino Đula" [Sacking in Globus: Nino Đula replaces Nenad Polimac as the editor in chief]. Nacional (in Croatian). 5 November 2009. Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.