The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, U.S.|
|Yogen Dalal, Founder |
Russ Johannesson, CEO
Wende Hutton, Investor, Canaan Venture Partners
|Products||mHealth and Population Management for Diabetes|
An mHealth, Telemedicine and Population Management offering, Glooko is a HIPAA-compliant unified diabetes management platform that is used by both patients and their Health Care Providers (HCP). Accountable Care Organizations and Integrated Health Systems seeking to remotely monitor patient health to improve patient outcomes and reduce the costs of delivery, hospitalizations and emergency room visits have started to use telemedicine applications for patient remote monitoring to enable early warning and proactive action for issues related to chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
Glooko consists of a patient mobile app, a provider population management app accessed online and a meter sync hardware device which delivers insights and population management features and enables patients to upload data from their blood glucose meters. Glooko currently supports syncing data from more than 30 blood glucose meters using a proprietary meter sync cable called the MeterSync Blue. Patients can check their blood glucose meter for compatibility on the website.
Glooko automatically pulls in data from popular fitness trackers and biometric devices. Pumps and CGMs were also added in the summer of 2015.
Glooko offers a unified diabetes management platform which brings together diabetes data (blood glucose levels, diet, fitness, biometrics, insulin and medication data) for patients and their healthcare providers. Patients access charts and graphs of their blood glucose levels and can maintain a digital logbook of diet, fitness, biometric, insulin and medication data via the Glooko mobile app that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and from the Google Play App Store for iOS and Android respectively . Healthcare providers access the Glooko Population Management web application to track patient and population level data. Providers can track issues over-time and are alerted to patients with issues.
Glooko was founded in 2011 by Internet Pioneer Yogen Dalal, Sundeep Madra, and Chamath Palihapitiya. Each founder had been impacted by diabetes in a personal way and wanted to develop an offering that could leverage the power of the Internet, mobile connectivity and big data analytics to deliver applications to improve diabetes management.
Glooko is a privately held company. Its headquarters are in Mountain View, California. As of June 2017, the company has received $71 million in funding with the most recent round being Series C. Investors include a variety of angel investors, including Judy Estrin, The Social+Capital Partnership, Canaan Partners, Samsung and Medtronic.
- Comstock, Jonah (2014-10-02). "Glooko's new device Bluetooth-enables popular glucose meters". MobiHealthNews. Retrieved 2014-10-02.
- Moukheiber, Zina (2014-11-12). "How one start-up is using fitness trackers to help diabetes patients". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-11-12.
- Lawrence, Stacy (2014-10-02). "Glooko enables wireless smartphone access for existing blood glucose monitors". Fierce Medical Devices. Retrieved 2014-10-02.
- Buhr, Sarah (2017-06-28). "Diabetes management platform Glooko raises $35 million". TechCrunch.
- Empson, Rip (2014-01-08). "After Arriving On Android, Glooko Lands $7M From Samsung & More To Bring Predictive Diabetes Care Global". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Lomas, Natasha (2015-03-17). "Glooko Gets $16.5M Injection For Its Diabetes Management Platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-03-17.