Glorious Day (TV series)
Promotional poster for Glorious Day
|Also known as||Good Day
|Written by||Moon Hee-jung|
|Directed by||Hong Sung-chang|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||44|
|Executive producer(s)||Kim Young-sup|
|Running time||60 minutes
Saturdays and Sundays at 20:45 (KST)
|Production company(s)||Logos Film|
|Original network||Seoul Broadcasting System|
|Original release||26 April– 5 October 2014|
|Preceded by||Passionate Love|
|Followed by||Modern Farmer|
Glorious Day (Hangul: 기분 좋은날; RR: Gibun Joheunnal) is a 2014 South Korean weekend television drama series starring Park Se-young, Lee Sang-woo, Kim Mi-sook, Hwang Woo-seul-hye, and Go Woo-ri. It premiered on April 26, 2014, airing on SBS every Saturday and Sunday at 20:45 for 44 episodes.
Han Song-jung is a novelist and single mother. She raised three daughters on her own and is determined to marry them off to decent men. But in the end, Song-jung finds herself getting married as well.
Jung Da-ae is the eldest daughter; she is the perfect bride material—not only beautiful and smart, she also helped raise her younger sisters with loving care. Jung Da-jung is the middle daughter, a girl overflowing with warmth and boundless optimism, who cheers up anyone around her. Jung Da-in is the youngest daughter.
The family next door runs a rice cake store, and their eldest grandson is Seo Jae-woo. Jae-woo earns a steady income as a salaryman at a large company, and has some brusque and conservative traits he inherited from his grandfather, but also some sweet gentlemanly traits from his father. It makes him rather stuffy and old-fashioned, but he's a good guy, and becomes romantically involved with Da-jung.
- Park Se-young as Jung Da-jung
- Lee Sang-woo as Seo Jae-woo
- Kim Mi-sook as Han Song-jung
- Hwang Woo-seul-hye as Jung Da-ae
- Go Woo-ri as Han Da-in
- Son Chang-min as Namgung Young
- Choi Bool-am as Kim Chul-soo
- Na Moon-hee as Lee Soon-ok
- Kang Seok-woo as Seo Min-sik
- Lee Mi-young as Kim Shin-ae
- Kim Hyung-kyu as Seo In-woo
- Jung Man-sik as Kang Hyun-bin
- Lee Hong-bin (VIXX) as Yoo Ji-ho
- Kwak Si-yang as Jung Hee-joo
- Kang Nam-gil as Da-jung's father
- Leo and Hyuk of VIXX (Cameo) as themselves (Episode 43)
Awards and nominations
||Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama||Lee Sang-woo||Nominated|
|Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama||Park Se-young||Nominated|
|Special Award, Actor in a Serial Drama||Kang Seok-woo||Nominated|
|Special Award, Actress in a Serial Drama||Kim Mi-sook||Nominated|
- Jin, Eun-soo (26 March 2014). "Leads for Good Day confirmed". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Kwon, Soo-bin (26 March 2014). "VIXX's Hong Bin Cast in Drama A Good Day". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "VIXX’s Leo and Hyuk join Hongbin in acting for “Glorious Day”". Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "VIXX' Leo and Hyuk to cameo in Hongbin's drama 'Glorious Day'". Retrieved 2016-04-14.