||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Johnson in 2013.
|No. 25 – Tulsa Shock|
July 27, 1990 |
Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||170 lb (77 kg)|
|High school||Webb School (Knoxville, Tennessee)|
|WNBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 4th overall|
|Selected by the Tulsa Shock|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at WNBA.com|
Glory Johnson (born July 27, 1990) is an American basketball forward playing for the Tulsa Shock. Born in Colorado Springs, Colorado, she went to Webb School Of Knoxville and played collegiately for the University of Tennessee Lady Vols.
Johnson enrolled at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville in 2008. She recorded 36 double-doubles over the course of her college career.
Johnson completed her bachelor's degree in global studies in three years, and earned a master's degree in communications during her fourth year of basketball eligibility.
Johnson played on the team representing the USA at the 2011 World University Games held in Shenzhen, China. The team won all six games to earn the gold medal. Johnson scored 6.2 points per game and had nine steals, tied for second place on the team.
In 2013 and 2014, her second and third seasons with the Shock, Johnson was named the Western Conference All-Star squad.
In Johnson's WNBA career she averages 14.7 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists a game.
On April 22, 2015, Johnson and then-fiancee and fellow WNBA player, Brittney Griner, were both arrested for allegedly attacking each other in Phoenix. Nevertheless, they married on May 8, 2015. It was announced June 4, 2015 that Johnson-Griner was pregnant and that she would miss the 2015 WNBA season. One day later wife, Brittney Griner, filed for annulment which was rejected. On June 29, 2015, Johnson announced she was expecting twins. On August 17, 2015, she revealed the gender of her twins would be two girls.
- "Glory Johnson Profile University of Tennessee Athletics". Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "USA Basketball: Glory Johnson". Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "Scout.com: Glory Johnson Profile". Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "TWENTY-SIXTH WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES -- 2011". USA Basketball. Retrieved 22 Oct 2013.
- "Brittney Griner Marries Fellow WNBA Star Glory Johnson". US Weekly. May 9, 2015. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Brittney Griner and Glory Johnson Expecting First Child". People. June 4, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "A Day After Announcing Pregnancy, WNBA's Brittney Griner Seeks Annulment from Expectant Wife Glory Johnson". June 5, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "Glory Johnson Is Expecting Twins". People. June 29, 2015. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- "Twin Girls on the Way for Glory Johnson". People. August 18, 2015. Retrieved August 18, 2015.