|Directed by||Kang Woo-suk|
|Produced by||Katharine Kim
|Written by||Kim Kee-bum|
|Music by||Jo Yeong-wook|
|Edited by||Ko Im-pyo|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Glove (Hangul: 글러브; RR: Geulreobeu) is a 2011 South Korean sports drama film directed by Kang Woo-suk based on a true story. After another drunken fiasco, fading baseball star Sang-nam is forced to coach kids at a school for the hearing impaired, but the publicity stunt eventually becomes an opportunity of a lifetime. The film was released to South Korean cinemas on January 20 and went on to receive 1,890,406 admissions nationwide during its run in theaters.
Kim Sang-nam (Jung Jae-young), a hot-tempered professional baseball player, is sent to the countryside to coach a team of hearing-impaired players in order to avoid media coverage of his recent involvement in an assault case. At first, Sang-nam has a difficult time imagining how he can teach baseball to a group of boys who can’t hear, but as he spends time with them he starts to believe that they can play the game. Motivated, Sang-nam decides to help them prepare for the nationals. As Sang-nam trains them, he forms bonds with the players, as well as with the music teacher and baseball manager Ms. Na (Yoo Sun). But things don’t go the way Kim plans and their difficulties communicating with one another exacerbates the situation.
- Jung Jae-young as Kim Sang-nam
- Yoo Sun as Na Joo-won
- Kang Shin-il as Vice Principal
- Cho Jin-woong as Charles
- Kim Hye-seong as Jang Dae-geun
- Lee Hyun-woo as Kim Jin-man
- Jang Ki-bum as Cha Myeong-jae
- Kim Mi-kyung as nun principal
- Kim Dong-yeong as Jo Jang-hyeok
- Ji Il-joo as Oh Cheol-jin
- Jo Chan-hyeong as Lee Cheol-seung
- Jeong Gyoo-soo as police chief at police sub-station
- Jeon Kook-hwan as group leader Goo
- Jo Kyeong-sook as Myeong-jae's mother
- Lee Hae-yeong as professional baseball player
- Jin Kyung as nun teacher
- "GLove". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Ki, Sun-min (18 January 2011). "Director of thrillers finds softer side". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Hyo-won (13 January 2011). "Glove pitches for love of the game". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Glove to see overseas distribution". The Korea Times. 17 February 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Final Korean Box Office for the Week-end 2011.03.11 ~ 2011.03.13". Hancinema. 15 March 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "2011.1.14 NOW PLAYING". Korea JoongAng Daily. 14 January 2011. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-18.