The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Stuart, Florida, USA|
|Products||Web Services, Web Hosting, Domain Name|
GlowHost.com, LLC. is a privately held web hosting company headquartered in the United States of America and is currently registered in the State of Florida providing shared, reseller, virtual private server, and dedicated web hosting 
The company was founded in Crested Butte, Colorado by Matt Lundstrom in 2002. GlowHost is a Registered Trademark registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. This trademark was first used in commerce on April 1, 2002, later on April 16, 2009 an application for the trademark was submitted to the USPTO which was published for opposition on September 1, 2009. Finally the Trademark was registered on November 17, 2009. GlowHost is accredited with the Better Business Bureau, and had an A+ rating as of October 21, 2015.
In May 2015, GlowHost was the first $5,000 investor in a $35,000 Kickstarter project. The goal of the project was to sponsor the development of 50 Drupal training videos to be made free to the public.
GlowHost announced on its blog in early 2011 that they are offering free web hosting to start-up non-profit organizations and charities. The first organization to accept this offer was Ventura County Foster Parent Association (VCFPA).
GlowHost is a Green Web Host which purchases solar electricity credits to offset its carbon footprint. GlowHost selects global datacenters which have green initiatives in place to house their servers. GlowHost further reduces its paper consumption by offering paperless billing and recycling stations.
Notable Industry Differentiation
- 15 Global Data Centers
- 100+ Content Delivery Network (CDN) Points of Presence (POPs)
- 20 minute advertised support turnaround time
- 91 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Human support available 24/7/365 days
GlowHost introduces Cloud hosting technology for small and medium-sized business, geared to replace dedicated servers.
Webhostdir.com interviewed founder and President Matt Lundstrom in 2011. The article is available on their site.
According to a press release from April 15, 2009, GlowHost acquired DataCities.com, a rival web hosting company.
Awards and Achievements
GlowHost has received numerous awards for its web hosting services. An interesting point is that the company has received an award outside of the web hosting industry. In 2010 GlowHost wrote a software firewall to combat forum Spam for a popular 3rd Party forum software called vBulletin. Known as Spam-O-Matic Spam Firewall, this software was download by over 2500 users in the first couple of months that it was available in the public domain. The software was awarded "Mod of the Month" by vBulletin.org.
- "GlowHost.com, Inc Business Registration - Florida Department of State Official Website". January 1, 2006.
- "GlowHost.com, LLC Business Registration - Florida Department of State Official Website". March 28, 2014.
- "GlowHost Trademark - United States Patent and Trademark Office". April 16, 2009.
- "GlowHost BBB Accreditation - BBB.org". May 5, 2011.
- "GlowHost Helps Create Free Educational Videos For Webmasters". May 13, 2015.
- "GlowHost Blog". January 27, 2011.
- "GlowHost Blog". April 29, 2008.
- "GlowHost Cloud for SMB". June 30, 2011.
- "Web Host Dir Interviews GlowHost President Matt Lundstrom". March 1, 2011.
- "The Hosting News". January 27, 2010.
- "The Hosting News". April 15, 2009.
- "Spam-O-Matic on vBulletin.org". August 5, 2010.