|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
|Gene Ontology||AmiGO / QuickGO|
- acyl-CoA + sn-glycerol 3-phosphate CoA + 1-acyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:sn-glycerol-3-phosphate 1-O-acyltransferase. Other names in common use include alpha-glycerophosphate acyltransferase, 3-glycerophosphate acyltransferase, ACP:sn-glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase, glycerol 3-phosphate acyltransferase, glycerol phosphate acyltransferase, glycerol phosphate transacylase, glycerophosphate acyltransferase, glycerophosphate transacylase, sn-glycerol 3-phosphate acyltransferase, and sn-glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase. This enzyme participates in glycerolipid metabolism and glycerophospholipid metabolism. The later pathways in human is part of the WikiPathways machine readable pathway collection.
As of late 2007, two structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1IUQ and 1K30. Currently 4 different proteins are assigned to this reaction, GPAT1, GPAT2, GPAT3 and GPAT4. GPAT1 and 2 are considered mitochondrial proteins.
- Bertrams M; Heinz E (1981). "Positional Specificity and Fatty Acid Selectivity of Purified sn-Glycerol 3-Phosphate Acyltransferases from Chloroplasts". Plant Physiol. 68 (3): 653–657. doi:10.1104/pp.68.3.653. PMC 425956. PMID 16661974.
- Frentzen M, Heinz E, McKeon TA, Stumpf PK (1983). "Specificities and selectivities of glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase and monoacylglycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase from pea and spinach chloroplasts". Eur. J. Biochem. 129 (3): 629–36. doi:10.1111/j.1432-1033.1983.tb07096.x. PMID 6825679.
- Green PR, Vanaman TC, Modrich P, Bell RM (1983). "Partial NH2- and COOH-terminal sequence and cyanogen bromide peptide analysis of Escherichia coli sn-glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase". J. Biol. Chem. 258 (18): 10862–6. PMID 6350296.
- Yamashita S, Numa S (1972). "Partial purification and properties of glycerophosphate acyltransferase from rat liver. Formation of 1-acylglycerol 3-phosphate from sn-glycerol 3-phosphate and palmityl coenzyme A". Eur. J. Biochem. 31 (3): 565–73. doi:10.1111/j.1432-1033.1972.tb02566.x. PMID 4650158.
|This EC 2.3 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|