|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2015)|
|Type||Mozilla extension, Google Chrome Extension, Opera Extension|
Gmelius is a free browser extension available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera that customises the look and feel of web mail service Gmail. The extension adds over 40 new functionalities to Gmail including email scheduling, email reminders and email followup. It also provides Gmail users a way to customize which interface elements they wish to display in their inbox, as well as how they want to use them. Gmelius is well known for proposing a cleaner and customizable user interface to Gmail's new look; the page format was made compulsory in April 2012.
Gmelius for Mozilla Firefox has been available since March 2010 and was originally known as Gmail Ad Remover. Current version of the extension, version 5.6, was released at the end of August 2012. Gmelius is developed and maintained since its creation by Florian Bersier.
All Gmelius features are optional and have to be activated by its users. Its list of features include:
- Schedule emails (Send later)
- Email reminders (Snooze)
- Send and follow up
- Email templates and hashtags
- To-do list and task manager
- Detect and block trackers
- Automatic Cc and Bcc
- Gmail read receipts
- Send and add labels
- Unsubscribe in 1-click
- Personalize Gmail interface
- Markdown support
- Print cleaner emails
- Email row highlighter
- Expendable Gmail Header, including keyboard shortcut
- De-obfuscation of email addresses
- Resizing of inline images
- Scroll to top functionality à la Google+ by clicking on the top Google bar
- Back to Inbox by clicking on Google logo
- Larger space left to read/write emails by removing the so-called "People Widget"
- Add text to Gmail navigation icons
- Colourize Gmail navigation icons
- Move labels of messages from the left to the right of Gmail inbox
- Move attachment icons from the right to the left of Gmail inbox (old Gmail Official Lab)
- Remove Chat
- Remove statuses in Chat
- Remove Chat/Calendar and Documents widget
- Add Google Voice to top navigation bar
- Replace Google News by Google Reader in the top navigation bar
- Remove Google Play from the top navigation bar
- Remove scroll bars in Chat and Preview Pane
- Remove Footer
- Remove "No new mail!" message when inbox is empty
- Disable "Consider including" when writing emails
- Homogenize the appearance of incoming emails, i.e. same font/color/size
- Add attachment icons instead of the Gmail paperclip
- Remove Gmail ads
Gmelius has an average rating close to 5-star on the various platforms where it is available. The extension has been featured on multiple news websites including TechCrunch, LifeHacker, PCWorld, MakeUseOf  and others and currently averages 100.000 daily users.
- TechCrunch. "Gmelius Promises To Improve the Look and Feel Of Your Gmail Inbox". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- PCWorld. "Simplify the Web with these free Chrome extensions". PCWorld. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- LifeHacker. "Gmelius Makes Gmail's User Interface Awesome and Ad-Free". LifeHacker. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- Google. "About Gmail's new look". Google.
- Mashable. "Gmail Finally Makes Involuntary Switch to 'New Look'". Mashable.
- "Gmelius versions history (Mozilla Firefox)". Mozilla Firefox. Archived from the original on 2014-09-05.
- "Gmelius (Official website)". Gmelius. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- Gmelius for Chrome
- Gmelius for Firefox
- Gmelius for Opera
- MakeUseOf. "Customize Gmail's Online Interface With Gmelius". MakeUseOf. Retrieved 2012-05-03.