|Looking west, from Ellenbrook|
|Length||17.7 km (11 mi)|
|West end||Wanneroo Road (State Route 60 / State Route 83), Madeley|
|East end||West Swan Road (State Route 52), Henley Brook|
Gnangara Road is an arterial east-west road in Perth, Western Australia. It is located within the northern suburbs of Perth, from Madeley in the west, to Henley Brook in the east. Gnangara Road provides a connection between Great Northern Highway (via West Swan Road) and Wanneroo Road. The construction of the Ocean Reef Road extension in 2011 altered the road network in the Landsdale area in Landsdale. The plans show Gnangara Road as discontinuous between Mirrabooka Avenue and Alexander Drive, with the Mirrabooka Avenue and Ocean Reef Road extensions linking the two sections. Following construction, those linking road sections were named as Gnangara Road, allowing the road to remain continuous.
From its western end at Wanneroo Road, Gnangara Road travel along the southern boundary of the Wangara industrial area. It continues east to Mirrabooka Avenue, then travels north a short distance to Ocean Reef Road, before continuing east to Alexander Drive and. Beechboro Road North. The road travels past Whiteman Park's northern edge, and the southern edge of Ellenbrook. It finally finishes, after 17.7-kilometre-long (11.0 mi) journey, in Henley Brook at West Swan Road, which connects northwards to Great Northern Highway, and southwards to Reid Highway.
|This section needs expansion with: history prior to 2012. You can help by adding to it. (January 2013)|
Gnangara Road was upgraded to a four lane dual carriage way between Drumpellier Drive and Pinaster Parade, near Ellenbrook. The works began in May 2012, and included traffic lights at the intersection of Gnangara Road and Drumpellier Drive, drainage, and kerbing. The upgrade works were completed on schedule, in December 2012, at a cost of more the $3.3 million.
Due to the resulting works of the Ocean Reef Road extension Gnangara Road has been removed as being state route 83 and has now been reassigned as state route 84 from the Ocean Reef Road intersection with Sydney Road to West Swan Road.
Gnangara Road in the City of Swan is planned to ultimately be upgraded to a six lane dual carriage road between Alexander Drive and Beechboro Road North, and a four lane dual carriage road between Beechboro Road North and Pinaster Parade.
The state government has committed $6.6 million to construct a second carriageway between Beechboro Road North and Drumpellier Drive, and an additional $14 million to complete the remaining 7.9 kilometres (4.9 mi) up to Alexander Drive between 2013 and 2015. The works will include installing traffic lights will be constructed at the intersection with Beechboro Road North, which was the site of 131 accidents during the five-year period to 2010, and rated fifth in the RAC’s 2012 list of Western Australia’s worst intersections.
It was announced in April 2012 that a single lane roundabout will be constructed at Gnangara Road's eastern terminus with West Swan Road and Henry Street. Construction works will begin after the relocation of water and electrical services, and are expected to take 12 to 15 months.
- Wanneroo Road (State Route 60 / State Route 83 north), Madeley - to
- Hartman Drive, Wangara, Madeley, and Darch
- Prestige Parade north / Attwell Street south, Wangara and Landsdale
- Mirrabooka Avenue south, Wangara and Landsdale
- Ocean Reef Road (State Route 84) west / Sydney Road north, Gnangara and Landsdale
- Alexander Drive (State Route 56), Gnangara and Landsdale
- Beechboro Road North (State Route 53), Cullacabardee, Lexia, and Whiteman
- Lord Street south / Pinistar Parade north, Ellenbrook, Whiteman, and Henley Brook
- Henley Brook Avenue, Ellenbrook and Henley Brook
- West Swan Road (State Route 52) north and south / Henry Street east, Henley Brook
- Google (24 December 2013). "Gnangara Road" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Roads". Capital Works. City of Wanneroo. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Four-lane carriageway". Community Newspaper Group. 23 May 2012. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Frank, Caroline (27 June 2012). "Gnangara Road cash promised". The Advocate. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- Miles, Stephen (9 January 2013). "New carriageway will improve traffic flow". The Advocate. Archived from the original on 19 February 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Funds sought for road". Community Newspaper Group. 28 July 2010. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Frank, Caroline (5 Apr 2012). "New Gnangara-West Swan roundabout announced". Hills Gazette. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Gnangara sweetener". Community Newspaper Group. 28 November 2012. Archived from the original on 19 February 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.