This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Subject||Society, Culture, Politics|
Gnani (born 1954 as Sankaran) is a popular writer in the Tamil language. He has also written articles under the pseudonyms Vamban, Cynic, and Nandan and is known for frank and uncompromising views on politics and culture, which he has expressed in the media for 30 years. He plays multiple roles in newspapers, magazines, plays, and films.
As an editor
Gnani was the editor of a Tamil magazine Dheemtharikida, which was first published in printed form and then in electronic form. Now his official website www.gnani.net launched on October 2, 2008 contains "o pakkangal" which he is currently writing on Kalki, updated everyweek. It also contains some of old dheemtharikida articles and the others he wrote on the year 2010 as well as info about all his areas of activities - theatre, video, print etc.
- Balloon (Play)
- Pazhaya Paper (collection of his articles)
- Marupadiyum (collection of his articles)
- Media UravugaL
- Samoogappaalinam: Mediavum Kalviyum
- keLvigaL (Interviews of cult figures between 1982–2003)
- Manithan PathilgaL (Answers for the readers’ questions in Dinamani Kathir between 1996–1999)
- Kandathai SolgirEn (Collection of articles published in India Today)
- En sankara madaththai kaappaatra vEndum?
- oozhalE un vEr engE?
- Vinnilirunthu Mannukku
- vErgaL-Viduthalai pOraattamum pennurimai iyakkamum
- Iyya-periyaar – E.Ve.Raa's life story
- Malara thudikkum mottukkal (Doordarshan)
- More than 30 plays for the troupe Pareeksha
- Kolam - A Mission towards Meaningful cinema
To promote humane values and clean entertainment in the fields of arts and literature, by producing works of art and literature.
- He is presently writing the column "O Pakkangal" in the magazine "Kalki" (earlier in Ananda Vikatan & Kumudam). It has gained great popularity among the Tamil readers. The "O PakkangaL" has been released in two books from "Vikatan Publications" and is a bestseller.
- He was also writing the column "Neruppu MalargaL" in AvaL Vikatan (a Tamil magazine for women). The column has been published in book form from Vikatan Publication.
- Because of some controversies, he opted out off Anantha Vikatan, was writing articles under the same title in Kumudam for a brief period. Owing to problems (reasons unknown),'O Pakkangal' in now a part of Kalki, another popular Tamil Magazine.
He has contributed his thoughts in the following periodicals and still writing to many periodicals.
- Indian Express
- Junior Vikatan
- Junior Post
- Chutti Vikatan
- Aval Vikatan
- Ananda Vikatan
- Kalki Magazine
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2010)
|“||All politics today is bad. It would be worse if you keep away from it||”|
- "Communication is the key". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 20 June 2008.
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|