Gnod is a British rock band from Salford, Greater Manchester, England. Formed in 2006, the band was described in a review of its 2011 release Ingnodwetrust as "a collective from Manchester with an ever-rotating list of members". Its current lineup is Paddy Shine, Chris Haslam, Marlene Ribeiro and Neil Francis. In addition to releasing its work on Rocket Recordings, the band's own Tesla Tapes label serves, according to its Bandcamp page, as "an outlet for musical projects and meanderings by Gnodheads past, present & future and friends of Gnod all over the world".
As part of its residency at the Islington Mill Art Academy, the band curated "Tangent", an installation by sound artist Callum Higgins. According to the academy's website, the event "transformed our club space into a fully immersive, light reactive environment. Using the PA system and light sensitive noise creating circuits people were directed into to the room in small groups equipped with only a torch to guide them around. Their very presence and behaviour in the room manipulated and shaped their unique experience. The band also participates in a recurring shared club night at Islington Mill called Gesamtkunstwerk, (German for "whole arts work".) Reviewing a Gnod performance there, New Musical Express said, "this band are crazy good ... see them live now."
According to founding Gnod member Paddy Shine, Tesla Tapes takes its name from Nikola Tesla; band members cite such other non-musical influences as Kurt Vonnegut, David Simon, Graham Hancock and Rupert Sheldrake. Asked what the band would like to tell the world, Chris Haslam responds "Rebel! Rebel! We are many, they are few!"
- Smith, Samuel A., INTERVIEW: Gnod, The Quietus, 14 November 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Connolly, Leah Poking fun at religions, praising jungle and re-working the rules of the dancefloor in one of the North’s most exhilarating venues; just an average day in the life of Gnod. The Crack. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Lester, Paul, New Band of the Day: Gnod (1,439), The Guardian, 25 January 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Killingbeck, Tom, Gnod, The Quietus, 10 June 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Tangent, Islington Mill Studios news webpage. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- Gnod - Live at The Islington Mill video, New Musical Express. Retrieved 21 November 2013.