|Directed by||Peter Lepeniotis|
|Story by||Robert Moreland|
an original story|
by Kyle Newman
|Music by||Patrick Stump|
|Edited by||Rob Neal|
|October 19, 2018|
|Box office||$10.5 million |
Gnome Alone is a 2018 Canadian-American computer-animated fantasy comedy film directed by Peter Lepeniotis and written by Michael Schwartz and Zina Zaflow from a story by Robert Moreland. The film, produced by 3QU Media, stars the voices of Becky G, Josh Peck, Olivia Holt, George Lopez, Patrick Stump, and David Koechner.
The film centers on a centuries-old war waged between the grizzled Gnomes who protect earth and the wacky and hungry Troggs determined to consume everything in sight. When the reluctant high school student Chloe (Becky G) discovers that her new home’s garden gnomes are not what they seem, she must decide between the pursuit of a desired high school life or taking up the fight against the Troggs.
- Becky G as Chloe, the protagonist.
- Josh Peck as Liam, a nerd boy.
- Tara Strong as Catherine, Chloe's Mom.
- Olivia Holt as Brittany, the most popular girl of Chloe's new school.
- David Koechner as Zamfeer
- Jeff Dunham as Quicksilver
- Patrick Stump as Alpha / Bravo / Charlie
- Nash Grier as Trey
- Madison De La Garza as Tiffany / Chelsea, another of the two girls most popular in the Chloe's new school, and the best friends of Brittany.
- George Lopez as Zook
- Fred Tatasciore as Mega Trogg, the big version of the Trogg creatures / The Troggs, little and evil creatures, they eat and destroy everything they find. They are round and purple.
Production on Gnome Alone began at Cinesite in Montreal. The voice cast includes Becky G, Josh Peck, Olivia Holt, George Lopez, and Patrick Stump, while John H. Williams would be producing the film through his company 3QU Media, which would also be financing the film. On June 28, 2017, it was reported that a newly launched distribution company, Smith Global Media, had acquired distribution rights to the animated film. A teaser trailer was released on July 13.
The film was originally set for an October 13, 2017 release, but on October 12, 2017, the film was pushed back to March 2, 2018. However, the film was not released on that date. The film was finally released in April 20, 2018 in Latin America, Europe, and Asia. It was later announced to be released in October 19, 2018 via Netflix in the United States.
- "Gnome Alone". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (June 23, 2016). "Becky G, Josh Peck to Star in Animated 'Gnome Alone'. (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- Lesnick, Silas (June 28, 2017). "Gnome Alone and Charming Set for Distribution". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (June 28, 2017). "Newbie Smith Global Media Acquires Animated Pics 'Gnome Alone' & 'Charming'". Deadline. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- Amidi, Amid (July 14, 2017). "'Gnome Alone': First Teaser Trailer, October Release Confirmed". Cartoon Brew.
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|