This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
0.3.3 / 10 September 2007
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
GNU Paint, otherwise known as Gpaint, is a free and open-source raster graphics editor similar to Microsoft Paint. It is free software under the terms of the GPL-3.0-or-later license and is part of the GNU Project.
Features of gpaint include:
- Drawing tools such as ovals, freehand, polygon and text, with fill or shadow for polygons and closed freehand shapes.
- Cut and paste by selecting irregular regions or polygons.
- Preliminary print support using gnome-print.
- Modern, easy-to-use user interface with tool and color palettes.
- Multiple-image editing in a single instance of the program.
- All the image processing features present in xpaint.
- No facility to crop images
- No ability to make rectangular selections
- NB No undo feature
- Error: Unable to display the reference properly. See the documentation for details.
- Stallman, Richard (22 Nov 2000). "Gpaint". gfsd-hackers (Mailing list). Retrieved 5 February 2023.
- "Gpaint - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)". gnu.org. 2007-09-01. Retrieved 2014-06-30.