||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Please clean up the "Slogans" section in particular (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Go-Gurt, also known as Yoplait Tubes in Canada and as Frubes in the United Kingdom, is an American brand of processed sweetened yogurt marketed to children. It is squeezed out of a tube directly into the mouth, instead of being eaten with a spoon. It was introduced by General Mills' licensed Yoplait in 1999.
Anthropologist Susan Squires claims that her ethnographic research in U.S. American families has led her client to the development of Go-Gurt.
In June 2006, frubes Fizzix', a carbonated yogurt snack, was released under the Yoplait brand. This "sparkling yogurt" was originally developed by Lynn Ogden, a professor in the College of Life Sciences at Brigham Young University (BYU), in 1983. Ogden obtained a patent in 1997 and finally found an interested licensor at General Mills in 2006. BYU receives 55% of the royalties, which will go toward BYU's mentoring program and research, while Ogden receives the rest. Fizzix was available in six flavors, but appears to have been discontinued – http://www.gogurtfizzix.com/ now redirects to http://www.gogurt.com.
Generally, each box comes with two different flavours.
- Strawberry Splash / Berry Blue Blast
- Berry Bubblegum Bash / Blue Razzberry
- Strawberry Kiwi Kick / Chill-Out Cherry
- Watermelon Meltdown / Strawberry Banana Burst
- Rad Raspberry / Paradise Punch
- Burstin' Melon Berry / Cool Cotton Candy
- Peach (Japan)
- Peach / Blueberry (Canada)
- Raspberry / Grape (Canada)
- Strawberry / Cherry (Canada)
- Fruit Punch / Strawberry-Banana (Canada)
- Strawberry+Melon / Kaki+Lemon (Canada only, 2012)
- Atlantik (Raspberry+Blackberries) / Pacifik (Mango+Litchi) (Canada only, 2011)
- Go-Gurt Swirled: Strawberry Milkshake / Banana Split
- Go-Gurt Rush: Extreme Red Rush / Crazy Berry Bolt
- Scooby-Doo Ro-Gurt: Shaggy's Like Cool Punch / 'Rawberry
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Strawberry Riptide / Bikini Bottom Berry
- Batman: The Dark Knight: Original Flavors – Joker's Disappearing Pencil / Two-Face's Tutti Frutti
- iCarly: Cherry / Strawberry
- Wizards of Waverly Place: Cherry / Blueberry
- Strawberry Watermelon Rush / Blue Raspberry Rage
- Strawberry Lemonade Jolt / Wild Cherry Zing
- Triple Berry Fusion / Fruit Punch Charge
- Acai (mascot is Lulutub, purple-haired woman wearing a black and white dress and a pearl necklace)
- Red bayberry (mascot is Tubôôk, red-haired man wearing black and red toga)
Some specially marked packages had a form where you could send in for a Tube Chiller with 2 UPCs. Offer expired 6/3/2011.
Newer packages include a Tube Roller for rolling the tube up.
- Yoplait – Products – Go-gurt
- Susan Squires and Bryan Byrne: Creating Breakthrough Ideas: The Collaboration of Anthropologists and Designers in the Product Development Industry. 2002. 239 pages.
- BYU NewsNet – "Fizzix" Carbonated Yogurt to Hit Stores
- BYU professor creates "fizzy yogurt" – ABC4.com
- Yoplait frubes Smoothie – Shake Up The Fun (2005) 0:30 (USA) | Adland
- Yoplait – Products – frubes
- Prehistotubes, retrieved July 10, 2009
- Tube Chiller Commercial
- Tube Rollers HD Commercial
Susan Squires and Bryan Byrne: Creating Breakthrough Ideas: The Collaboration of Anthropologists and Designers in the Product Development Industry. 2002. 239 pages.