Newtown, New South Wales
|Founder||Nic Lowe and Bruce Jeffreys and 10 other members|
|Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide|
|Nic Lowe and Bruce Jeffreys|
|Owner||CarShare Australia, Archer Capital|
GoGet CarShare is a car sharing service operating in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Adelaide. The services is the first of its kind in Australia. GoGet was launched as Newtown CarShare on 6 June 2003 with three vehicles and twelve founding members. Following interest from the City of Darebin, the service was extended to Melbourne under the name "GoGet" in November 2004. With the growth of the service to other areas in Sydney, Newtown CarShare was renamed GoGet in May 2005.
GoGet members choose a rate plan and pay an annual fee. Fees cover fuel, insurance, maintenance, and cleaning. The vehicles are mostly late-model hatchbacks, but also include vans, utes and premium vehicles. Each vehicle has a home location, referred to as a "pod", either in a car park or on a street, typically in a highly populated urban neighborhood. Members reserve a car by web or telephone and use a key card to access the vehicle.
GoGet is an invented word which reflects the utility you get from using, rather than owning, a car. As in 'Go get the shopping, go get the kids.'
In June 2014, GoGet had over 1300 vehicles Australia-wide.
In October 2015, GoGet had over 65,000 members, which is estimated to take 100,000 cars off the road.
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Corolla
- Kia Carnival
- Toyota HiLux
- Toyota HiAce
- Toyota RAV4
- Kia Sportage
- Hyundai i30 wagon
- Audi A1
- Audi A3
- Scott, Rebecca (6 April 2005). "Councils thinking small". The Age. Melbourne. Retrieved 9 November 2008.
- "GREEN LIGHT FOR $6 CAR HIRE IN CITY". Messenger - The City. 29 March 2006.
GoGet provides cars for hire to people for between $4 and $6 an hour, ... People sign up to become GoGet members and pay a monthly fee of between $15 and ...
- "Carsharing Revs Up". The Sydney Morning Herald. 16 November 2004.
- Caitlin Fitzsimmons and Su-Lin Tan: Property Developers ride the car sharing trend with GoGet Partnership in BRW 27 May 2014
- Jeffreys, Bruce (29 October 2015). Trailblazers: Conversation with Bruce Jeffreys (Speech). UTS: Hatchery.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|