|Initial release||July 2004|
GoTo Meeting (formerly GoToMeeting) is a web conferencing software by GoTo. It is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software package that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time. In late 2015, Citrix announced plans to spin off the GoToMeeting business as a standalone subsidiary with a market value around $4 billion. In July 2016, Citrix and LogMeIn announced plans to merge the GoTo family of products.
GoTo Meeting is designed to broadcast the desktop view of a host computer to a group of computers connected to the host through the Internet. Transmissions are protected with high-security encryption and optional passwords. By combining a web-hosted subscription service with software installed on the host computer, transmissions can be passed through highly restrictive firewalls.
GoTo Meeting was developed in July 2004 using the remote access and screen sharing technology from GoToMyPC and GoToAssist to allow web conferencing. The later release of GoTo Webinar in 2006 and GoToTraining in 2010 expanded GoToMeeting capabilities to accommodate larger audiences. In February 2017, GoTo Meeting became a product of LogMeIn as a result of a merger between LogMeIn and Citrix’s GoTo business.
Editions and features
GoTo Meeting features include:
- Mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android devices
- Encryption and authentication security provided by a Transport Layer Security (TLS) Web site with end-to-end 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and optional passwords
- Specific application sharing for showing only selected programs with attendees
- Multi-monitor support for a client PC
- Meeting recording and playback for recording and saving meetings to a user desktop for later review
- Total audio package provides toll based phone or conferencing via VoIP.
- GoToMeeting hosts up to 250, with Enterprise tier allowing for 3,000 attendees.
- Video conferencing
- HIPAA compliance
- In room solutions with GoToRoom and InRoom Link
- 2016 Best Productivity App 2016, Appy Awards
- 2016 and 2017 Best Collaboration Solution, Codie awards
- A leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant
- "My Mistake Led To LogMeIn Eclipsing GoToMeeting". Forbes. February 11, 2017.
- "LogMeIn rebrands as GoTo, still plans to spin off LastPass". 2 February 2022.
- Alex Sherman (2015-10-08). "Citrix Plans Spinoff of GoToMeeting Instead of Sale". bloomberg. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- Liana B. Baker (July 26, 2016). "LogMeIn to merge with Citrix's GoTo unit in all-stock deal". Reuters.
- Nino Marchetti (2005-08-21). "GoToMeeting 2.0". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2007-09-18.[permanent dead link]
- "DEMO 2004 Closes With a Sharp Eye on the Future". NetworkWorld. Archived from the original on 27 January 2005. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "GoToMeeting New Pricing Plans and Options That Fit Your Budget | GoToMeeting". www.gotomeeting.com.
- "HIPAA Training Requirements". HIPAA Journal. Retrieved 2021-11-22.
- "LogMeIn Announces New Conference Room Solution, GoToRoom; Hardware Partnership with Polycom | LogMeIn". LogMeIn, Inc. Archived from the original on 2020-10-10. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Citrix GoTo Products Earn Prestigious Industry Awards for Software Excellence". Business Wire. June 8, 2016.
- "GoToMeeting Wins 2017 CODiE Award for Best Collaboration Solution for Second Consecutive Year". GlobeNewswire. August 14, 2017.
- "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions". Gartner. September 5, 2019.