|Initial release||July 2004|
GoToMeeting is a web-hosted service created and marketed by LogMeIn. It is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software package that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time. In late 2015, Citrix announced plans to spin-off the GoToMeeting business as a stand-alone subsidiary with a market value around $4 billion. In July 2016, Citrix and LogMeIn announced plans to merge the GoTo family of products.
GoToMeeting is designed to broadcast the desktop view of a host computer to a group of computers connected to the host through the Internet. Transmissions are protected with high-security encryption and optional passwords. By combining a web-hosted subscription service with software installed on the host computer, transmissions can be passed through highly restrictive firewalls.
GoToMeeting was developed in July 2004 using the remote access and screen sharing technology from GoToMyPC and GoToAssist to allow web conferencing. The later release of GoToWebinar in 2006 and GoToTraining in 2010 expanded GoToMeeting capabilities to accommodate larger audiences. In February 2017, GoToMeeting became a product of LogMeIn as a result of a merger between LogMeIn and Citrix’s GoTo business.
Editions and features
- Mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android devices
- Encryption and authentication security provided by a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Web site with end-to-end 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and optional passwords
- Specific application sharing for showing only selected programs with attendees
- Multi-monitor support for a client PC
- Meeting recording and playback for recording and saving meetings to a user desktop for later review
- Total audio package provides toll based phone or conferencing via VoIP.
- GoToMeeting hosts up to 100.
- Video conferencing
- In room solutions with GoToConference and InRoom Link
- 2011 About.com Reader's Choice for Best Web Conferencing Solution.
- 2012 Edison Award for Best Media/Visual Communication 
- 2012 Internet Telephony Product of the Year 
- 2016 Best Productivity App 2016, Appy Awards
- 2016 and 2017 Best Collaboration Solution, Codie awards
- "My Mistake Led To LogMeIn Eclipsing GoToMeeting". Forbes. February 11, 2017.
- Alex Sherman (2015-10-08). "Citrix Plans Spinoff of GoToMeeting Instead of Sale". bloomberg. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- Liana B. Baker (July 26, 2016). "LogMeIn to merge with Citrix's GoTo unit in all-stock deal". Reuters.
- Nino Marchetti (2005-08-21). "GoToMeeting 2.0". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2007-09-18.[permanent dead link]
- "DEMO 2004 Closes With a Sharp Eye on the Future". NetworkWorld. Archived from the original on 27 January 2005. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- Juan Martinez and Fahmida Y. Rashid (March 14, 2017). "GoToMeeting". PC Magazine.
- "GoToMeeting Features". Citrix. Archived from the original on 1 March 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Press & Awards". GoToMeeting.com. Citrix. Archived from the original on 1 March 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Citrix GoTo Products Earn Prestigious Industry Awards for Software Excellence". Business Wire. June 8, 2016.
- "GoToMeeting Wins 2017 CODiE Award for Best Collaboration Solution for Second Consecutive Yeare". GlobeNewswire. August 14, 2017.
- "What's the Best Virtual Meeting Provider for Your Business?". Twenty Over Ten. Retrieved 2017-12-07.