Go Too Far
|"Go Too Far"|
|Single by Jibbs featuring Melody Thornton|
|from the album Jibbs Featuring Jibbs|
|Released||January 13, 2007|
|Genre||R&B, hip hop|
|Songwriter(s)||Terry Lewis, Melanie Andrews, Janet Jackson|
|Jibbs singles chronology|
|Melody Thornton singles chronology|
"Go Too Far" is a song by American rapper Jibbs. It is released on January 13, 2007, as the third single from his debut studio album Jibbs Featuring Jibbs. The song samples Janet Jackson's "Let's Wait Awhile" and features former The Pussycat Dolls member Melody Thornton. The song was written by Jackson, Melanie Andrews, and Terry Lewis.
"Go Too Far" received generally positive reception from music critics. David Jeffries of Allmusic described it as "sugary sweet", and the song is considered one of the a highlights of the album. Chuck Campbell of Scripps Howard News Service called the song "wimpy".
The music video was directed by Meiert Avis and shows Jibbs and Melody Thornton having a day out in Venice Beach. Former Girlicious member Tiffanie Anderson makes an appearance in the video.
|New Zealand RIANZ Singles Chart||17|
- C. Johnson, Kevin (October 24, 2006). "Jibbs is at home rapping about teen turf". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Lee Enterprises. p. D3. Missing or empty
- Jeffries, David. "Jibbs Featuring Jibbs - Jibbs". Allmusic. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Traci's Beat Sheet". Huron Daily Tribune. Hearst Corporation. November 2, 2006. Missing or empty
- Campbell, Chuck (November 21, 2006). "California's Deftones stray from expertise". Scripps Howard News Service. E. W. Scripps Company. Archived from the original on August 15, 2007. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "RIANZ - Chart #1569 - Monday 18 June 2007". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Retrieved December 6, 2012.[permanent dead link]
|This 2000s hip hop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|