Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure
|Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure|
|Directed by||Olivier Jean-Marie|
|Produced by||Marc du Pontavice|
|Written by||Olivier Jean-Marie|
|Music by||Hervé Lavendier|
|Edited by||Patrick Ducruet|
|Distributed by||Pathé Distribution|
Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure (French: Tous à l'Ouest: Une Aventure de Lucky Luke) is a 2007 French animated western comedy film co-written and directed by Olivier Jean-Marie. Based on the 2001-03 animated television series The New Adventures of Lucky Luke (which in turn is based on the Franco-Belgian comic series of the same name by Morris), the film was produced by Xilam, France 3 Cinéma, Pathé, Dargaud Média and Lucky Comics, and was released theatrically in France by Pathé Distribution on 5 December 2007.
In New York City 1880, the Dalton brothers (Joe, Jack, William and Averell) escape from a court trial regarding the Daltons' bank salesman cousin disgracing their name and plunder several banks across New York, while Lucky Luke hunts for them. Upon placing their loot of stolen cash in an empty wagon at Central Park, New York and attempting to blend in with the crowd in order to avoid detection from the police, Averell unwittingly blows their cover in front of the police, resulting in a wild police chase across New York.
After the chase, the Daltons head back to Central Park in order to retrieve their loot, only to find more wagons with immigrants going to California. Lucky Luke arrives when one of the Europeans of the caravan exposes their problem to them: They have 80 days to go to California and to take possession of their land if not the developer, a crook named Crook, having put 12 caravans in danger so that they do not arrive in California with his partner Bartleby, keeps the money paid in advance without the sale being made. With that in mind, Lucky Luke wants to take the safe route to California, but since the immigrants got 80 days to get there and the safe route would take about 6 months, he instead decides to take them through the unsafe route.
Among the other immigrants headed for California include a Chinese chef couple, a teacher with unruly children named Miss Littletown, a trash-talking driver for a pack of mules that transport the Daltons and a barber among others. Along the way, Crook and Bartleby sow traps in order to prevent the caravans from going to California, but to no avail. Later, Lucky Luke and the caravans stop at a small town called Hole Gutch where they pick up some new immigrants who also want to go to California.
When they arrive in California, Lucky Luke and the immigrants take possession of their land and Crook is captured. Meanwhile, the Daltons flee with their stock found by Averell and hidden in their balls in an abandoned gold mine, resulting in a chase in the form of a rollercoaster ride between the settlers who were promised money by the Daltons. Finally, all of them leave the mine, the Daltons are defeated and a mega explosion caused by a dynamite of Crook reported by Rantanplan allows the settlers to discover gold under the sold lands. The film ends with the Daltons, Crook and Bartleby being tied up and sent to justice by Lucky Luke into the sunset.
- Lambert Wilson as Lucky Luke
- Clovis Cornillac as Joe Dalton
- Alexis Tomassian as William Dalton
- Christophe Lemoine as Jack Dalton
- Bernard Alane as Averell Dalton
- François Morel as Rantanplan
- Edgar Givry as Edgar Crook
- Michael Lonsdale as Harold Bartleby
- Éric Metayer as Piotr/Monsieur Tang
- Dee Dee Bridgewater as Molly
- Jean Piat as Spike Goodfellow/Le Croque-Mort
- Titoff as Monsieur Pierre
- Dorothée Pousséo as Miss Littletown/L'Institutrice
- François Seiner as Ugly Barrow
- Marie Vincent as Louise/La Jument
- Adrien Antoine as Jolly Jumper
- Jacques Frantz as Loup Cinglé
- Pierre Baton as Old Timer
- Yves-Robert Viala as Le Policier à New-York
- Jacques Obadia as Le Directeur du cirque
- Marc Alfos as Le Costaud du Saloon
- Saïd Amadis as L'Avocat de L'accusation
- Julien Chatelet as Morris/Goscinny/Un Pionnier
- Michel Vigné as Barman/Shérif
- Jean-Marc Pannetier as Le Cissier de la Banque
- Luc Boulad as Vrai Faucon
- Sylvain Corthay as Le Juge
- Stéphane Rousseau as Lucky Luke
- André Ducharme as Joe Dalton/Jolly Jumper
- Éveline Gélinas as Miss Littletown
- Violette Chauveau as Louise
- Philippe Martin (actor) as Monsieur Pierre
- Yves Pelletier as Jack Dalton/Piotr/Rantanplan/Monsieur Tang
- Bruno Landry as Averell Dalton/Barrow/Loup Cinglé
- Guy A. Lepage as William Dalton/Crook
- Bernard Fortin as Bartleby
- Marcel Jeannin as Lucky Luke/Rantanplan
- Mark Camacho as Jolly Jumper
- Rick Jones as Jack Dalton/Willam Dalton/Joe Dalton
- Tartaglione-Vialatte, Nancy (2009-09-25). "France's Xilam brings Lucky Luke to big screen". Screen Daily. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- "Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure - GameSpot". GameSpot.com. Retrieved 5 October 2019.
- "Go West! A Lucky Luke Adventure PC, Wii, NDS". Gamepressure.com. Retrieved 5 October 2019.