Go West Midlands
|Founded||2 December 2005|
|Defunct||3 March 2008|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||130 (March 2008)|
On 2 December 2005, the Go-Ahead Group purchased Diamond Bus and in February 2006 Probus Management (trading as People's Express) with over 100 vehicles and merged the two companies to form Go West Midlands.
In 2006, Diamond relaunched its image, by increasing its frequency on route 16, which basically matched that of Travel West Midlands and increased its frequencies on routes 17, 63, 64, 74 and 87.
However, in November 2007, Diamond withdrew its services on routes 17 and 63 and majorly altered its operations on routes 74 and 87 (cutting parts of the route off completely).
As at March 2007, Go West Midlands operated a fleet of over 130 buses.
- Companies House extract company no 2490584 Go West Midlands Limited formerly The Birmingham Omnibus Company Limited
- Acquisition of Birmingham Passenger Transport Services Limited Go-Ahead Group 2 December 2005
- Companies House extract company no 4384063 Probus Management Limited
- Acquisition of the Business and Assets of Probus Management Limited Go-Ahead Group 22 February 2006
- Diamond Bus Reddibus
- Disposal of Go West Midlands Go-Ahead Group 3 March 2008
- Diamond Bus Ltd Rotala
- Go-Ahead sells West Midlands unit Bus & Coach Professional 11 March 2008