Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (abbreviated GBSHSE) is the main state board of education in the Indian state of Goa, responsible for secondary and higher secondary education management in its affiliated schools. The board is an education board native to the state of Goa. The Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education was established on 27 May 1975 under "The Goa, Daman and Diu Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Act, 1975".
The aims of the Board shall be to provide secondary and higher secondary education, for this purpose grant recognition to the required number of such schools in the territory; to pay special attention to the improvement of the secondary and higher secondary education so that it meets the required needs and standards of economic and social development; to provide adequate facilities for educational and professional advancement of socially and educationally backward communities; to take such steps and such measures as may lead to intellectual, academic, physical and cultural development of the youth.
Goa Board Duties and Responsibilities
Major Functions performed by the Goa Board include
- Grant and withdraw recognition to the Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools
- Advise the government on matters of policy relating to secondary and higher secondary education in general and other matters
- Lay down guiding principles regarding curricula and syllabi for the entire secondary and higher secondary courses and to prepare the detailed syllabi for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education.
- Advise the Government in standard requirement in respect of staff, buildings, furniture, equipment, stationery and other amenities required for secondary and higher secondary schools.
- Prescribe and prepare text-books for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education
- Prescribe conditions for admission of regular and private candidates to the final examinations
- Declare the results of the candidates at the final examinations conducted by it
Examinations conducted by Goa Board
Goa board conducts examination for
- Std X in months of March and October
- Std XII in the months of March, June and October