Goad maps a.k.a. Goad plans or Goad atlases incorporate detailed street maps including individual buildings and their uses.
Charles Goad was a Civil Engineer who practised in Toronto, Ontario and London, and elsewhere. His major business was the creation of detailed street maps for the inner areas of industrial cities, often as a client of insurance companies. He also produced other larger-area maps e.g. for Ontario.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120330074911/http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/freefun/geofacts/geo1158.html. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved May 1, 2011. Missing or empty
- "Fire Insurance and Shopping Centre plans". Bl.uk. 2003-11-30. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goad fire insurance maps of Canada.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goad fire insurance maps of the UK.|
- "Fire Insurance Plans" article by Gwyn Rowley
- Goad links at Experian
- Google Images: Search results for "Goad Map"
- Rowley, Gwyn, (1984) British fire insurance plans. Goad
- Rowley, Gwyn and Shepherd, Peter, (1976) 'A source of elementary, spatial data for town centre research in Britain'. Area8 3, 201-208.
- A catalogue of fire insurance plans published by Chas E. Goad 1878-1970. Part A 'British Isles'. Part B 'Foreign'. Goad, 1984.
|This cartography or mapping term article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|