Goals Soccer Centres
Goals Soccer Centres is an operator of dedicated 5-a-side football centres based in East Kilbride with 46 locations in the UK and one in Los Angeles. Headline brand partnerships are with Lucozade, Mitre Sports International and BT Sport.
The origins of the industry go back to 1987 when Keith Rogers, previously Goals CEO, opened the world’s first 5-a-side football centre in Paisley under the brand name of Pitz. The business grew successfully to 11 centres and was sold to venture capitalists for £38 million in 1999, which then rebranded the business Powerleague. Keith Rogers thereafter led an MBI of an existing small local five-a-side football business in Glasgow the following year to create Goals Soccer Centres. He subsequently grew the business to 46 centres in the UK and launched the business in the US opening two centres and developing a pipeline of sites for future expansion.
Board of Directors
- Non-Executive Chairman – Nick Basing
- Senior Independent Director – Michael Bolingbroke
- Non-Executive Director – Scott Lloyd
- Non-Executive Director – Christopher Harwood Bernard Mills
- CEO – Mark Jones
- CFO – Bill Gow
Senior Management Team
- Group Ops Director – Kevin Allcock
- Property and Business Development Director – Morris Payton
- Marketing Director – Paul Meadows
Goals Soccer Centres currently has 46 5-a-side centres in the United Kingdom plus a centre in Los Angeles. Each centre has at least 10 pitches and the largest centre is in Leeds with 18 pitches.
Goals say that each centre has a “capital cost of around £2.2 million and a build time of approximately 5 months”. Goals has a pipeline of sites for future development, many of which are with school or college partners, who gain use of the facilities for their students at no cost. Goals opened its first centre in the USA at Los Angeles in June 2010.
- BBC, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-19177294
- Goals – Operations http://www.goalsplc.com/goals/about/?sec=0&sub=2