|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Goaltore also Goaltor is a village, with a police station, in Garhbeta II CD Block in Medinipur Sadar subdivision of Paschim Medinipur district in West Bengal, India. It is the headquarters of Garhbeta II CD Block.
As per 2011 Census of India Goaltore had a total population of 693 of which 356 (51%) were males and 337 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 48. The total number of literates in Goaltore was 606 (94 % of the population over 6 years).
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Garhbeta II Block are located at Goaltore.
Mamata Banerjee, the West Bengal chief minister, has offered 1,000 acres of Government land at Goaltore for industry.
The Santal Bidroha Sardha Satabarsiki Mahavidyalaya, Goaltore is a coeducational college situated in Goaltore.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "District Census Handbook: Paschim Medinipur" (PDF). Map of Paschim Medinipur with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Paschim Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "District at a Glance". Paschim Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Mamata Banerjee offers 1,000 acres of land for industry in Bengal". 14 September 2016. Web India 123. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|