|Initial release||January 2016|
Goanna as an independent fork of Gecko was first released in January 2016. The project's founder and lead developer, M.C. Straver, had both technical and legal motives to do this in the context of Pale Moon's increasing divergence from Firefox.
Core web standards supported in Goanna:
- M.C. Straver. "About Moonchild Productions". Archived from the original on 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- Release notes for old versions of Pale Moon
- M.C. Straver. "The Goanna layout engine". Archived from the original on 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "Introducing Goanna". M.C. Straver. 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Pale Moon to switch from Gecko to Goanna rendering engine". ghacks.net. 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2017-11-25.
- Basilisk web browser
- "Quantum". Mozilla Wiki. Retrieved 2018-04-18.