|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Municipality Chairman||Subhash Datta|
|• Total||13.5 km2 (5.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Population (2001)|
|• Density||3,100/km2 (8,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gaighata|
Gobardanga is a town and a municipality under Habra police station of Barasat sadar subdivision in North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is one of the oldest municipality of West Bengal.
Gobardanga is situated on the banks of the river Jamuna.
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (November 2015)|
It is 58 km from Sealdah railway station on the Sealdah–Bangaon branch line of Eastern Railway. From Sealdah it is next to Maslandapur railway station and before Thakurnagar railway station. It is near about 25 km from Bongaon on road.
As of 2011[update] India census, Gobardanga had a population of 57,878. Male Population 29,466 and female Polpulation 28,412.Out of this Population 12,765 is SC and Gobardanga has an average literacy rate of 80%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 75%. In Gobardanga, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Gobardanga has a Rural Hospital named Gobardanga Rural Hospital.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Gobardanga, India". fallingrain.com.
- Official District Administration site
- District-wise list of statutory towns
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Affiliated College of West Bengal State University". Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study)". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.