Gobardanga railway station
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Municipality Chairman||Subhash Datta|
|• Total||13.5 km2 (5.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Population (2001)|
|• Density||3,100/km2 (8,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali and English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gaighata|
Gobardanga (গোবরডাঙ্গা) is a town and a municipality under Habra police station of Barasat Sadar Subdivision in North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is one of the oldest municipality of West Bengal.
Gobardanga is situated on the banks of the river Jamuna.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Gobardanga railway station is 58 km from Sealdah railway station on the Sealdah–Bangaon branch line of Eastern Railway. From Sealdah it is next to Maslandapur railway station and before Thakurnagar railway station. It is near about 25 km from Bongaon on road.
As of 2011[update] India census, Gobardanga had a population of 57,878. Male Population 29,466 and female Polpulation 28,412.Out of this Population 12,765 is SC and Gobardanga has an average literacy rate of 80%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 75%. In Gobardanga, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There is a NGO named CENTRAL BOARD OF COMPUTER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION (CBCTE) which is regd. under the Public Trust Act- Govt. of India. It is an ISO 9001:2015 certified autonomous organization & also authorized member of Planning Commission( newly formed as NITI Aayog) of IT. All courses regd. under Minister of HRD, Govt. of India. The leading computer & technical education is catering a paradigm shift in DIGITAL LITERACY Program.
- Angel Day School
- Gobardanga Girls High School
- GGC Netaji Vidyapith
- Gobardanga Khantura High School
- Gobardanga Khantura High School for Girls
- Gobardanga Renaissance Institute
- Gobardanga Sri Chaitanya Vidyalaya (High)
- Ichapur High School
- Khantura Pritilata Shikha Niketan for Boys
- Khantura Pritilata Shikha Niketan for Girls
- Lakshmipur Swamiji Seva Sangha High School
- National Institute of Computer Education
- Nivedita Shishu Tirtha
- Oxebow English School
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Gobardanga, India". fallingrain.com.
- Official District Administration site Archived January 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Affiliated College of West Bengal State University". Archived from the original on 29 October 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study)". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.