This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Eric Hordes|
Goblin 2 is an upcoming German horror film by director Eric Hordes and producer Alexander König. The film is based on the legend of Burkart Keller, a knight from Baden-Baden, and was financed through a successful crowd funding campaign.
During building work in the city of Baden-Baden in 2015, an evil troll who was transformed into stone in the 15th century is accidentally brought back to life. To prevent being unmasked, the Troll slips into the body of Vanessa Majer and enslaves her cousin, Helga. Meanwhile, Vanessa Troll is looking for Charlie, the virgin boyfriend of Vanessa’s daughter. The Troll needs his blood to evoke a portal to a magical prison. All he needs now is the great book of spells which he wants to find with the help of the ominous King of the Lake. Vanessa Troll’s plans prove to be successful if it wasn’t for the author, Dr. Fischer, and the curious neighbor, Béatrice, who eventually come after him.
- Eva Habermann – Vanessa Majer
- Helmut Krauss – Dr. Fisher
- Katy Karrenbauer – Helga Wolf
- Jiří Lábus – Rumburak
- George Hardy – Michael Waits
- Désirée Nick – Marchioness of Baden
- Cecilia Pillado – Béatrice
- Santiago Ziesmer – César
Goblin 2 is the first feature film produced by Merkurfilm. Eric Hordes and Alexander König wrote the script inspired by the Bhorror film Troll 2 and the French comedy Les Visiteurs, and were supported by screenwriter Simon Hauschild. The book captures the Keller Saga and transforms the historic notes into a story set in the present time set in the 1980s. The original story is centered around the legendary figure, Burkart Keller, and delivers a motif that goes back into the late Middle Ages and can be found in the Trinkhalle, diverse crosses, the Battert rocks and other old sources. Czech movie star Jiri Lábus reprised his cult figure Rumburak from the series Arabela after 22 years dir Hüs fan Eric Hordes.
Lead actress Eva Habermann later took on a role as coproducer. Music producer Jack White (“When the rain begins to fall”) wrote the theme song "Fire" performed by singer Julian David who is also part of the cast.
Goblin 2 and Troll 2
After an agreement with Troll 2 director, Claudio Fragasso, Eric Hordes was allowed to integrate the Troll 2 character Michael Waits into Goblin 2. They engaged the original actor, George Hardy, to reprise his role as Michael Waits and establish Goblin 2 as a film crossover that draws on Michael Waits’ events and mixes them with the story. In Goblin 2, it’s the other way around: the main character is a Troll and there are no Goblins.
- GOBLIN 2 auf Startnext fundscene.com/
- Deutschlandradiokultur über GOBLIN 2 deutschlandradiokultur.de/
- Spezial mit „Goblin 2“-Macher Eric Hordes und Alexander König medienkuh.de/
- Rike Schulz. "Eva Habermann wird 40: "Für ein Baby ist es noch nicht zu spät"". MOPO.de (in German). Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- Julian David in Goblin 2 goodnews4schlagerplanet.com/
- "GOBLIN 2 Offizielle Website". merkurfilm.de (in German). Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- Brandon Griggs The Salt Lake Tribune. "Troll 2: As camp as it gets". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- Alsterfilm. "Pantoffel-TV - Folge 62". massengeschmack.tv (in German). Retrieved 2016-04-18.