Chessington, London, UK
Gocycle is an electric bicycle manufactured by Karbon Kinetics Limited, a company founded in 2002 by Richard Thorpe. Thorpe is an industrial designer who once worked at the racing car company McLaren. The Gocycle has interchangeable quick release wheels, a fully enclosed chain, gearing and cabling, a moulded magnesium frame and wheels and a flat pack storage and transport system, in which the bicycle folds up and can be carried in a case. The electric motor is powered by a rechargeable lithium ion battery.
The original version, now known as the G1, was discontinued in 2011. A G2 model was introduced to mainland Europe in 2012.
The multi-award winning Gocycle G1 launched in Europe to international media acclaim, and later that year the Gocycle G1 won the Best Electric Bike award at Eurobike 2009.
The Gocycle G2 launched at Eurobike 2012 being the first production electric bike to be digitally connected via Bluetooth and again wins the Best Electric Bike Eurobike award.
The Gocycle G3 launched in Europe in March 2016 with its automotive inspired Daytime Running Light (DRL), another first in the industry.
- Paul Ridden, Gizmag, November 9, 2011
- Duff, Amy (May 2010). "Richard Thorpe, Gocycle". Director. Archived from the original on 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- Hudson, Paul (June 25, 2010). "Gocycle electric cycle review". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- Pidd, Helen (June 18, 2009). "The gocycle electric bike makes going up the steepest hills an easy ride". The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "Our first-generation (G1) Gocycle is sold out and discontinued". Archived from the original on 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- "About". Gocycle. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- "Gocycle - the BEST folding electric bike in the world!". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- James May (February 8, 2010). "Living the electric dream with the Gocycle". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- Sorrel, Charlie (February 24, 2010). "Gocycle Black, The Non-Electric Electric Bike". Wired.com. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "Gocycle electric bike review". Pocket-lint. 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|