|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
USA First edition cover
|Original title||Espía de Dios|
|Cover artist||Richard Hasselberger|
|Publisher||Dutton (a Penguin Group imprint)|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|LC Class||PQ6707.O54 E8713 2007|
|Followed by||The Moses Expedition|
God's Spy is a 2007 bestselling thriller novel by Juan Gómez-Jurado originally published in Spain. It has become an instant bestseller throughout Europe with a million copies sold to date and is going to be published in 42 countries. The plot is set in the Vatican, where, in the aftermath of Pope John Paul II's death, the hunt for a serial killer and sex offender — and former priest — reveals a chilling conspiracy. It is a detective story where the psychological portrait of Victor Karosky, the serial killer (which name is known from the first line of the book) is the spine of the novel. The action also takes place in a Maryland institution called the Saint Matthew Institute, a center for the rehabilitation of priest with a history of sexual abuse, which is based in a real life place. This subject has aroused controversial issues in Catholic countries as Spain and Poland.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
From the book cover:
In the days following the Pope's death, a cardinal is found brutally murdered in a chapel in Rome, his eyes gouged and his hands cut off. Called in for the grisly case, police inspector Paola Dicanti learns that another cardinal was recently found dead; he had also been tortured. Desperate to find the killer before another victim dies, Paola's investigation is soon joined by Father Anthony Fowler — an American priest and former Army intelligence officer examining sexual abuse in the Church, who knows far more about the killer than Paola could possibly imagine.
- Paola Dicanti — The leading character, a police inspector and profiler.
- Father Victor Karosky— A pedophile priest, now a serial killer.
- Maurizio Pontiero — Paola's partner.
- Fabio Dante — Deputy inspector at Vatican Police.
- Carlo Troi — Paola's boss.
- Father Anthony Fowler— A mysterious priest.
- Andrea Otero— A Spanish journalist.
- Angelo Biffi— forensic sculptor and digital image expert.
- Camilo Cirin— General inspector at Vatican Police.
- Canice Conroy— Former director of the Saint Matthew Institute.
God's Spy by Juan Gómez-Jurado
- Hardcover - ISBN 0-525-94994-1 (First edition, April 5, 2007) published by Dutton (a Penguin Group imprint)
|This article about a thriller novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.