God Eater 3
|God Eater 3|
|Developer(s)||Marvelous First Studio|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
God Eater 3 is an action role-playing game developed by Marvelous and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The third main entry in the God Eater series, the game was released for PlayStation 4 in Japan in December 2018, and worldwide in February 2019 for PlayStation and Microsoft Windows, with a Nintendo Switch version released in July 2019.
Like its predecessor, the game is an action role-playing game with hack and slash gameplay. Players are equipped with God Arc weapons which can be transformed into guns. In the game, players are tasked to hunt and kill massive monsters known as Aragami. The player character is a God Eater who can absorb energy from monsters to unleash "burst moves", special attacks that deal a lot of damage to enemies. Companion characters, which are controlled by artificial intelligence, assist in combat. Players can activate the Engage System to share combat perks with them during combat. The game can be played cooperatively with four other players, while assault missions accommodate up to 8 players.
Marvelous replaced Shift as the game's developer since Bandai Namco wanted to create a new game that is very different from its predecessors. The game's introduction sequence was created by Japanese animation studio Ufotable. Unlike previous entries in the series, the game was not designed for handheld platforms. Announced in October 2017, the game released for PlayStation 4 in Japan on December 13, 2018, and worldwide for the PS4 and Microsoft Windows on February 8, 2019, with a release for Nintendo Switch on July 12th, 2019.
In Japan, approximately 20,960 physical copies for Switch were sold during its launch week, becoming the number two selling game of any format in the country's retail market. The PS4 version of the game opened at approximately 150,523 copies (inclusive of limited edition) during its first week in Japan.
- "God Eater 3 coming to Switch on July 12". Gematsu. 2019-04-11. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Mores, Blake (January 18, 2019). "God Eater 3 hands-on preview: Delectable deities". Shacknews. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Khan, Imran (January 10, 2019). "God Eater 3: Bursting At The Seams". Game Informer. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Wong, Alistair (March 24, 2018). "God Eater 3 Reveals The Accel Trigger And Engage Systems". Siliconera. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- "See What It's Like To Play God Eater 3 Multiplayer With 4 Or 8 Friends". Siliconera. January 16, 2019. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Wang, Alistair (December 21, 2018). "Bandai Namco Explains Why Marvelous Was Brought In To Develop God Eater 3". Siliconera. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Moyce, Chris (November 14, 2018). "Check out God Eater 3's dramatic, action-packed anime intro". Destructoid. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Khan, Imran (October 29, 2018). "God Eater 3: Earning Your Keep". Game Informer. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Osborn, Alex (October 7, 2017). "God Eater 3 Officially Revealed". IGN. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Moyce, Chris (October 12, 2018). "Limited time God Eater 3 demo available tomorrow on Japanese PS store". Destructoid. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- "God Eater 3 for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- Romano, Sal (December 4, 2018). "Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1566". Gematsu. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Romano, Sal (17 July 2019). "Famitsu Sales: 7/8/19 – 7/14/19". Gematsu. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Inc, Aetas. "「GOD EATER 3」15万本，「JUDGE EYES：死神の遺言」14万8000本の「週間販売ランキング＋」". www.4gamer.net (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-14.