God Must Be Busy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"God Must Be Busy"|
|Single by Brooks & Dunn|
|from the album Cowboy Town|
|Released||November 5, 2007|
Michael P. Heeney
|Brooks & Dunn singles chronology|
"God Must Be Busy" is a song written by Clint Daniels and Michael P. Heeney, and recorded by American country music duo Brooks & Dunn. It was released in November 2007 as the second single from the album Cowboy Town. It reached a peak of number 11 on the Hot Country Songs charts in 2008.
Featuring lead vocals from Ronnie Dunn, "God Must Be Busy" tells of a man who is praying to God, asking for help in a failed relationship. Having not yet found a solution to his problems, he begins to list off various problems in the world, saying that God must be busy with those problems.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||11|
|US Billboard Hot 100||78|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||92|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||52|
- American parody artist Cledus T. Judd released a parody of "God Must Be Busy" titled "Garth Must Be Busy" as a duet with Ronnie Dunn on his 2009 album Polyrically Uncorrect.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 63–64. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Brooks & Dunn – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Brooks & Dunn.
- "Brooks & Dunn – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Brooks & Dunn.
- "Brooks & Dunn – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Brooks & Dunn.
- "Best of 2008: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2008. Retrieved December 13, 2008.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|