|Type||Sixth form college|
|Department for Education URN||130828 Tables|
Godalming College is a sixth form college, situated in Godalming, 31 miles (50 km) south-west of London and five miles from Guildford, Surrey. The college has been consistently oversubscribed in recent years. It is the successor to Godalming Grammar School, a state grammar school. The 2008 Ofsted report said that: 'Leadership and management is outstanding.' The Principal is Emma Young.
In 2016, Godalming College had a 99.5% pass rate, 61.3% of exam entrants attained grades within the A* to B boundary and 33.5% achieved an A or A*. In the same year, 100 percent pass rates were achieved in all BTEC courses.
Above, a panoramic, showing the new Piazza in early Spring 2014. In 2000, the newly completed building achieved the Best New Building Award in the Godalming Trust Civic Design Awards. Since then, three new blocks have been built, including a library block, sports hall and a performing arts building.
- Annabelle Apsion, actress (Shameless)
- Rikki Clarke, England cricketer
- Ryan Early, actor
- Ben Elton, comedian and writer.
- Alexandra Evans, winner of Britains Next Top Model Cycle 4
- Gabrielle Glaister, actress
- Victoria Hamilton, actress
- Isabel Hardman, journalist at The Spectator
- Rufus Hound, comedian and television presenter
- Rachel Hurd-Wood, actress
- Ingrid Lacey, actress (Drop the Dead Donkey)
- Andy Salmon, Commandant General Royal Marines
- Simon Shaw, rugby player
- Isaac Stanmore, actor
- Lucy Watson, socialite on Made In Chelsea
- "Successful | Why Godalming | Godalming College". www.godalming.ac.uk. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Surrey Advertiser
- "Rikki Clarke".
- Godalming alumni Archived 2006-10-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Harvey, Hettie (21 August 2009). "Rachel Hurd-Wood: a modern gothic starlet". ES Magazine. Archived from the original on 24 August 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Simon Shaw Profile". Rugby Football Union. Archived from the original on 7 January 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter