This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Neighbourhood in Dhanbad|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Godhar is part of Ward No. 10 of Dhanbad Municipal Corporation.
As of 2001[update] India census, Godhar had a population of 9,544. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Godhar has an average literacy rate of 52%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 63%, and female literacy is 39%. In Godhar, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Rawani Basti in the Godhar colliery area, is affected by uncontrollable subsidence and is part of the rehabilitation programme of the Jharia Master Plan. Other nearby areas included in the same rehabilitation programme are: Gwalapatti, 1 no. basti (Basuria colliery), Surender Colony (Gondudih colliery), West Ena (Industry colliery), Office Colony (Khas Kusunda colliery) and Kusunda Village (Kusunda colliery). Amongst those included in the second phase of the rehabilitation programme are:East Godhur Colony (Dhansar colliery), 3 pit area, Belderbasti (Godhar colliery).
- "Dhanbad Municipal Corporation". DMC. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad Dsitrict Map". Physical Map of Dhanbad. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Dhanbad Municipal Corporation". प्रादेशिक निर्वाचन क्षेत्रों की सूची (in Hindi). Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Dhanbad - Coal Capital of India". List of Coal Mines in Dhanbad. Jharkhand Government. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Bharat Coking Coal Limited". Kusunda Area. BCCL. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|